More Trouble (Pinestar's POV) [EDITED]

I emerged from my cozy den, and with a big yawn, stretched my limbs. However, my peaceful morning was abruptly interrupted when I spotted Cloudfeather striding towards me with a distracted look on his face. I sighed, knowing that another busy day was about to begin.

"Shortface's kits are ready for their naming ceremony," he reported, his eyes darting around restlessly.

"Who's the father?" I asked, trying to follow his gaze.

"Brambletail," he replied, his voice trailing off.

"What's going on with you?" I growled, sensing that something was off.

"Nothing, nothing," he said hastily, trying to avoid my gaze.

Suspicious, I stalked away towards the nursery but was soon greeted by the warm purr of Maplepelt.

"Hey, Pinestar," she said, rubbing her body against mine.

"Hey, Maplepelt," I replied, feeling happier just by seeing her.

"What's up?" she asked, tickling my back with her tail.

"Cloudfeather is acting strange," I admitted, explaining the situation to her.

"Don't worry about him," she said. "His problem, not ours."

I hesitated for a moment, enjoying the warmth of her body against mine. 

"Don't be so boring," she taunted playfully. "I'm always saying we should have kits together."

"But what if we get she-cats?" I asked, my voice trembling with fear. I couldn't bear the thought of our offspring being as ugly as the others in the clan.

Maplepelt, the love of my life, put a paw on my shoulder and looked me in the eyes. "Don't worry, my dear. How could they turn out anything less than gorgeous? You're the most handsome tom in the clan, and I'm the prettiest she-cat. Our kits will be stunning."

I felt a glimmer of hope. Maybe having kits wouldn't be so bad after all. "Okay, Maplepelt. I'll meet you in my den tonight," I finally gave in.

The joy in her eyes was unmistakable. "I wouldn't miss it for the world," she purred, tickling me with her tail.

 I finally caught sight of Brambletail, my son, chatting up a beautiful she-cat. He seemed to be thrilled, just as I expected from the young tom.

"Hey, Brambletail," I called out to him. "It's high time we had a naming ceremony for your kits."

The she-cat, Dandelionstripe, looked at Brambletail with scornful eyes.

"Father," Brambletail muttered, sounding exasperated.

I turned to Dandelionstripe and said, "Oh, hello there! Don't mind me. I hope you don't feel uncomfortable."

"Oh no, of course not. It's just the fact that he would mate with such an ugly she-cat," she hissed, whipping around and stalking away.

Brambletail's growl echoed in the clearing, "Pinestar! I was going to mate with her!"

My hackles rose at his tone. "You already have kits," I pointed out, trying to remain calm.

"They're bound to be ugly!" he snapped.

My patience was wearing thin. "First of all, it's partly your fault. Why would you mate with her?" I retorted hotly. "Second of all, you're my only son. When I die, you'll have Maplepelt."

"What if she dies before you?" he demanded, his eyes flashing with anger.

"Pray to Starclan she doesn't," I snarled, trying to keep my temper in check.