Starclan's Plea [EDITED]

Warning! Sensitive themes: torture.

Skip the words in italics if you are sensitive to such themes!

Now onward with the story!

"Nice catch!" Owlstar purred.

Pebblepaw dropped her frog at his feet, looking up proudly. "Thanks!"

"You'll be a great hunter," the leader continued. "You're a natural!"

Pebblepaw beamed, burying the frog next to her squirrel and bird. 

"Let's head back," Goosenose suggested. "We've all caught lots of prey."

After a few trips, they deposited all the prey. They all ate well that afternoon.

"Sorry about being suspicious," Goosenose said, sitting by Pebblepaw. "I should've known that you would never betray us, especially not to Oakclan."

The gray she dipped her head, saying, "It's okay. I know Oakclan is the type of clan to send spies."

Goosenow smiled. "Owlstar's right, you know. If Oakclan had trained you, they'd be eating better."

"Personally, I don't mind them not eating too well..." she said in a jokingly low voice. Goosenose mrrowed in amusement.

Antfur stomped toward her, glowering. 

"Only three pieces of prey?" he scoffed. "Puny. You should bring at least five! Well, I can't expect everyone to hunt as well as I do..."

"She's still learning, Antfur. Now go away or I'm telling Owlstar," Pebblepaw's mentor snapped.

"Yeah, she's 'till 'earning!" came the voice of Waterpaw.

"Yeah, leave her alone!" chimed in Thunderpaw. 

"You were once an apprentice too!" said Peridotpaw.

"You probably only caught two pieces of prey!" Shadowpaw piped up.

"And she'll be a better hunter than you one day!" Leopardleap growled.

Antfur backed away, surrounded by scathing comments. He snarled one last time before running into the warrior's den.

"His name is really accurate," Leopardleap pointed out. "He's got ants in his fur."

Goosenose snorted. "I'll thank Owlstar for clearing that up."

They all ate together and shared tongues, each cat finally feeling content. 

Pebblepaw was in absolute darkness.

"How could you, Muckpelt?" came a snarl. A tom's snarl.

"I did what I thought was best!"

"Best for Starclan, you mean? You've nearly ruined everything! You know what's at stake!"

"At stake for me, you mean. Because you've threatened me, remember?"

"I've threatened you because there's no other way for you to be cooperative!"

"Because it's wrong! You know it is! You're doing this because you're selfish and greedy!"

A yowl of pain was heard.

"Never insult me again, you flea bag!" 

"I'll do w-what I want!"