No Escape (Slimefoot's POV)

My heart lurched as I heard my daughter cry out in pain. I darted towards her, starting to panic. 

"Petalpaw!" I wailed. I turned to Badgerleg, my eyes pleading. "Help her!"

Badgerleg looked up from his grooming and yawned. "Drag her to my den," he said, his voice devoid of any emotion.

Rage rose within me, but I had to focus on saving my kit. I carefully lifted Petalpaw and carried her to the medicine den. "Hang in there, my dear," I whispered, trying to keep my voice from breaking. "We'll make sure you're okay."

As I entered the den, I laid Petalpaw gently on a soft bed of fragrant moss. "Please be okay," I said, half to myself. "Please."

I felt a wave of despair wash over me. How could anyone be so cruel? How could they do this? Why would they?

Badgerleg finally entered the den lazily, stretching before yawning and grabbing some moss. 

"Hurry up!" I said angrily. "She's bleeding!"

"You know what?" Badgerleg snapped. "Get out of my den!"

I was so furious I couldn't see straight. I whipped around and ran, ran outside the den, ran outside the camp, ran outside our territory

"Why, Starclan?!" I shrieked, my whole body trembling. "Why do you let this happen? Why don't you strike them down? My Petalpaw is dying!"

No answer.

The skeleton-like branches rustled in the wind, their leaves falling. The sun shone brightly above me. It was a beautiful day. 

I felt like I was being mocked.

I sighed, my heart still racing, and turned back to return to camp. 

I started to get anxious, so I broke into a run, my paws flying across the grass. I finally made it to camp. Nobody seemed to notice I left. Or they didn't care.

I ran into the medicine den, and I found it empty.

Except for Petalpaw.

Her blood was creating a stream, flowing down to the entrance of the den. I tried to tell myself she wasn't dead.

But no one could've survived that much blood loss.

I slowly padded up to her. She didn't move. I didn't even see the rise or fall of her breathing.

She was... she was...

I yowled, all my grief echoing in it. I yowled and yowled, my sides heaving. I finally went quiet.

I stared at Petalpaw's body. I stared and stared. Time passed, but I didn't notice. I could've spent seasons just staring

When one hears the word "staring," one might imagine a blank, emotionless expression. But that wasn't the case for me. At that moment, all I wanted to do was run. I wanted to run as fast as I could, with no intention of ever stopping or looking back. It's impossible to put into words the unbearable agony of losing a daughter, who was the light of my life, and one of the only reasons I could survive the toms in this clan. The mere thought of the void that she left behind still fills me with an overwhelming sense of despair. It's a wound that never truly heals, a pain that never completely fades away, and an ache that lingers on forever.

(I'm litts crying cuz of Petalpaw's death and listening to sad music and I just get an ad of youtube premium...)