Exilement and Escape [EDITED]

"Mouseclaw! Clean this den!" Cowfat bellowed. "I told you yesterday that I wanted it spotless! And this moss is wet!"

"I'm sorry, but Snakeheart wanted me to fix the brambles over the nursery," Mouseclaw replied apologetically.

"I don't want excuses!" Cowfat snapped.

But before Cowfat could reprimand her any further, Moletail intervened. "Woah, calm down, Cowfat," she mewed calmly. "Mouseclaw is doing the best she can. She can't do everything at the same time."

Cowfat huffed and walked away, her tail lashing in frustration.

"Sorry about that, Mouseclaw. Cowfat's just getting carried away by the fact she doesn't have to do everything for a change," Moletail comforted.

"It's fine. I deserve it, anyway," Mouseclaw replied, guilt evident in her voice. "I deserve the Dark Forest, for Starclan's sake. I murdered the leader!"

Moletail shook her head. "Well, what matters now is that you acknowledge your mistake. Nothing can change the past."

Suddenly, Bramblestar's yowl interrupted their conversation. "All cats trained or in training gather around Highrock for a clan meeting!"

The cats gathered around Highrock, curiosity piqued by the grim expressions on Foxpelt and Lightningblaze's faces, and the excited expressions on Kestrelstorm, Harrierstripe, and Privetear's faces.

Bramblestar looked up and addressed the crowd. "Two seasons have passed since an awful tragedy, and the deputies and the executors and I have come to a sad but necessary decision. Mouseclaw, step forward."

Mouseclaw stepped forward hesitantly, her ears flat against her head. The tension in the air was palpable.

"We have given refuge to this criminal long enough. You have killed our leader and you must pay for your crimes. We must get rid of you," Bramblestar declared, his voice resolute.

The gasps of shock that followed Bramblestar's words were deafening. 

"We will not kill you, but we will give you over to the kittypets," Bramblestar continued coldly.

"Wait! I don't want to live with two legs!" Mouseclaw cried out, desperation lacing her voice.

"It's that, or I let my executors have you," Bramblestar replied, his tone unwavering.

She bowed her head in defeat. "Starclan's will be done."

"My executors will escort you. You may choose a she-cat to go with you," Bramblestar said.

"I choose Moletail," she said.

As the executors surrounded them, Moletail walked next to her. Mouseclaw walked with her head down, her eyes swimming with agony.

"Goodbye, Oakclan, my home, and my life," she whispered before disappearing from sight.

***

"We're here," Privetear said gruffly. 

The two-leg nests loomed over threateningly, their unnatural light blinding the cats. 

"Leap over the fence or we'll throw you over," Harrierstripe growled.

"Okay," Mouseclaw agreed.

As Moletail saw Mouseclaw getting ready to leap, she knew she couldn't do it alone. 

She made her decision in a split second. "I'm coming with you."

"What? But the clan!" Mouseclaw gasped. "Your kits!"