Stuck in your Dreams

Leopardstream let out a deep sigh of relief and turned to Owlstar. "Thanks for protecting us, Owlstar," she said gratefully. "You're a true hero!"

Owlstar remained stiff and formal, but his tone softened a bit. "It's not a problem," he replied. "That Bramblestar gives me a headache anyway."

Pebblepaw began grooming herself. "Hey, we never did go hunting. Why don't we go now?" she suggested.

"That's a good idea," Leopardstream agreed.

"Sorry, I can't join you right now, but I'll tell Ivyleg to put you on hunting patrol," Owlstar said apologetically.

With that, Owlstar walked away, his head held high.

"After that, I'm gonna take a nap," Pebblepaw mewed as they padded toward Ivyleg. "The sleep I had was hardly restful."

As Ivyleg assigned Sunhigh patrols, she said, "Pebblepaw, Leopardstream, and Antfur can go on hunting patrol."

"Antfur?" Leopardstream exclaimed before she could stop herself. 

"Yes, Antfur," Ivyleg said absently, continuing to assign patrols.

The three cats glared at each other. 

"At least we agree on one thing," Leopardstream grumbled. "We hate going on patrols together."

"Just get out of my way," Antfur rumbled. "You guys can go catch butterflies or something."

"Catch butterflies?" Pebblepaw repeated incredulously.

"I'll show him butterflies," Leopardstream growled indignantly as they padded away together.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"We had a bountiful patrol," Pebblepaw reported as she dropped several pieces of prey on the fresh-kill pile.

"Great!" Goosenose purred. "Get some rest, then we'll do some battle training."

"Sounds good," Pebblepaw agreed. She walked to her nest, where the other new apprentices were sharing tongues.

"Hey, Pebblepaw!" Shadowpaw said good-naturedly. "How's training? I caught a vole and a mouse!"

"That's awesome, Shadowpaw," Pebblepaw said. "What about you guys?"

"I learned some battle moves with Waterpaw," Peridotpaw announced.

Waterpaw nodded, obviously proud of himself.

"I went on a border patrol," Thunderpaw mewed. "I saw some Cloudclan cats!"

"That's great, all of you," I said as I yawned. "I'm going to get some rest."

"Okay!" they all said in unison.

I curled up on the moss and closed my eyes.

"So."

Pebblepaw's heart raced. No, this time she was dreaming. She had to be!