Chapter 24

─⟡★⟡─⟡★⟡──⟡★⟡─⟡★⟡─

Ice skating had been going amazingly, the group was having fun. That was until Seungmin who was getting taught how to skate by Jeongin missed a step, not reacting quick enough and landing on his face.

They left shortly after and now they were in line at a random taco food truck. Jeongin was helping Seungmin deal with his bloody nose to the side while the others were in line.

"He'll be okay, he's tough." Minho reassured Hyunjin who had a look of concern in his face as he stared at the 2 youngers.

"Okay you have to admit it was sorta funny!" Jeongin said with a small laugh as he handed Seungmin another napkin.

"You're a horrible teacher!" Seungmin grumbled, holding the napkin on his nose. "Am not! I've taught Chan and Hyunjin how to skate!" The fox like boy replied.

"Maybe you just have 2 left feet." Jeongin said as he folded his arms. A hum left Seungmin's mouth, "You really do act like a baby!"

"No I don't!" I.N's head darting to Seungmin. "You're the one that kept whining on the way here. I feel bad for any siblings you have!"

A smile crept up on Seungmin's face before his eyes drifted to the random cars driving by the street. "I think my big brother is lucky to have a cool little brother like me."

"You don't have a younger sibling?" Jeongin spoke, curiosity laced in his voice. "Nah, do you?"

The younger nods, "An older brother and little brother!" Seungmin noticed how excited his tone sounded.

Silence follows as the 2 watch random vehicles pass by. "Y'know for a cop you have bad reflexes." Jeongin said in a hushed tone, a small laugh escaping his lips.

Seungmin freezes at those words, his head darting to Jeongin. "...what are you talking about?" He muttered, gulping nervously.

He watches as Jeongin reached for something in his back pocket before handing it to him. Seungmin took it and took notice of it being a business card.

State of California Police Department
Lee Minho
Detective

"Dammit Hyung." Seungmin thought to himself.

Awkward silence is all that happens before Jeongin spoke again, "That day we first met, when he saved me I found that in his car."

"Plus Felix mentioned having a crush on this cop named Changbin, so when we met I just knew. I may be the youngest, but that makes me the smartest." The boy said as he finally looked over at Seungmin.

The older had an apologetic look on his face, "Felix and Hyunjin know." Seungmin felt his heart race at those words.

"If you knew from then..why didn't you say anything Innie?" Seungmin spoke softly, the younger letting out a hum.

"Only my close family calls me Innie..It's Jeongin to you." Jeongin said coldly, looking at Seungmin with a piercing gaze. The older surprised at the quick mood change.

"..my big brothers are happy around you." Seungmin clenched his fist at the fox like boy's words.

"Felix and Hyunjin..?" Seungmin asked, his throat dry. Jeongin hums softly, "We won't say anything because it's your business and we want you to own up to it." Silence follows the younger's words.