Chapter 11

─⟡★⟡─⟡★⟡──⟡★⟡─⟡★⟡─

The boys conversed among themselves, getting to know each other better before the race began. Chan had sent Felix to retrieve something from his car.

Jisung was currently talking with Minho, casually, almost as if their last conversation hadn't happened. Felix came back holding 3 walkie-talkies.

"Got 'em!" He spoke, lightly tossing them to Chan.

The blond caught them swiftly, handing one to each of the detectives.

"What's this for?" Seungmin asked curiously as he examined the device.

"It's how we keep in contact while we race. It helps us know we're all safe too." Hyunjin spoke up, looking towards the younger.

"Every crew uses them." Jeongin spoke in an obvious tone.

"Every crew...?" Minho looked up at Jisung before looking at Chan who gives him a smirk.

"Think of it as a trial run." The blond waved his hand dismissively.

"Alright, so when do we star-" Changbin began, but was rudely interrupted by a voice yelling.

"WE GOT BOYS IN BLUE!" The crew freezes, looking at each other.

"GO, MEET AT THE RENDEZVOUS!" Chan spoke as he grabbed I.N and Felix, running to their cars.

"Where the hell is the rendezvous?!" Seungmin yelled, noticing how everyone was driving off.

"That's why you have a walkie talkie dumbass!" Hyunjin spoke as he ran too. "Ji, hurry up!".

Minho looked as Jisung who was watching everyone else.

"Go! I'll meet you there!" Minho spoke, Jisung nodded in return before running behind Hyunjin.

The older turns to look at the other 2 detectives. "C'mon, we gotta go!

The 3 detectives got in their car and quickly drove off in separate ways, the static of the walkie-talkie caught their attention.

"Listen up!" Chan called out, the burning of tires ringing out in the background. "Meet us at the house and be careful! New racers, follow Hyunjin!"

Minho let out an exhale as he sped and swerved through the streets.

He saw a familiar figure walking out of a parking garage making his brows furrow.

Jeongin.

He drives past the boy, only for an uncomfortable feeling to quake in his guts. He heard police sirens, making him look at his rear view mirror.

"Dammit!" He screeched.

He quickly whipped his car around, slamming the gas pedal to get to the younger boy as he hit the brake harshly when Jeongin crossed infront of him. The boy stared at him with his eyes wide.

"Get in, now!" Minho calls out.

I.N didn't hesitate and ran to the passengers side, noticing some cop cars speeding towards them. Once he had secured his spot, he let out a small grunt when Minho sped off.