Chapter 10

─⟡★⟡─⟡★⟡──⟡★⟡─⟡★⟡─

A couple days had passed since the race. Unfortunately, to everyone's dismay, the cops did indeed show up.

The crew separated and rendezvoused back at the house they shared. Sadly, Jisung had also disappeared, much to Minho's disappointment.

It was Friday, and where was Minho now? Speaking with the boss in her office about the next step for the task. Changbin and Seungmin were also present.

"Look, I know the location of the next race, and this time I can take Detectives Kim and Seo," Minho spoke from his seat across the higher up.

The woman sighed, glancing at the 3 younger detectives. On her desk lay multiple files—plus the racing crew's—and her name plaque.

Ren Park, Chief of Police.

She rubbed her temples, "Are you sure they don't suspect you?" she questioned Minho.

The man nodded. "I'm positive, Ma'am." The woman snickered.

"Minho, I'm only 2 years older. Plus, we've known each other since training. Ren is fine."

Minho blinked at the women. "Yes, m—" He fumbled on his words. "Ren. Yes, Ren." Minho watched as she turned to look at the other 2.

"You two accompany Minho. And be careful, this crew can be dangerous in its own way."

Changbin and Seungmin nodded before walking out with Minho.

"Do you actually know the next race location?" The short man asked as the trio walked into Minho's office.

"Of course I do," Minho spoke as he sat at the edge of his desk.

Seungmin and Changbin opted to sit on the couch that sat in the far corner.

"Jis—" He cut himself off.

They can't know his name.

"One of the racers gave me the location and time before the cops busted the meeting."

Changbin lifts up a brow, noticing his friend's stutter before nodding.

"Do we have a plan?" Seungmin finally spoke up. Minho gives him a nod, and they started devising the next step.

Saturday night came by, and the 3 detectives were already at the race meeting. They had parked where Minho did last time.

Currently, Minho was introducing his partners to Jungwoo and his crew. Minho had learned that Jungwoo's racing crew was named NCT and had 26 members.

"Did you introduce them to Stray Kids yet?" Jungwoo asked Minho, who was leaning on his car. Seungmin and Changbin glanced at each other with confused looks. Noticing this, Minho cleared his throat.

"I will... if they even come," Minho spoke as he scratched the back of his neck, Jungwoo giving him a nod in return.

Jungwoo turns to look at Changbin, pointing at his arm. "Nice tat, by the way!"