Chapter 18 - Under the moonlight

Beginne am Anfang

If I'm being honest, I had never had a conversation like this with Hwang Hyunjin in my entire life. Sure we knew eachother since diapers, actually probably since we were in our mothers wombs but whatever, and I've always hated him.

It felt weird to talk about... feelings with him.

Was this the way drunk Hyunjin always acted?

'Cause last time I remembered, he'd just fuck around after getting wasted. Specifically on his parents bed.... I did not forget that party and it's forever burned into my brain..

"Sometimes," Hyunjin starts again, hiccuping over his words, "I like going to your house... your parents are so nice and Wonpil hyung is so nice and your family is so warm."

"Hyunjin-ah."

"And Felix and jisung are always by your side and nobody would care if you fucked up on a quiz but I'm the smart strong handsome kid and I can't... I can't ruin my reputation-"

"Hyunjin-"

The boys tone gets more rough, almost like he was about to burst into tears, "And youre kind and handsome and you never let anything get to you and... and..."

I grab the olders hands, interrupting his rant. I felt so in shock, never in a milllion years would I have thought this is what goes on in the mind of Hyunjin. My heart felt so heavy.

"Hyunie calm down."

Hyunjins eyes soften at the nickname, he looks at me with an innocent face instead of that smirk he always had on. Our faces were close and I could smell the alcohol in his breath.

He mutters a small "sorry."

"Shit get yourself together Hwang!" I click my tongue, looking at how disheveled he looked, even under the moonlight.

But Hyunjin doesn't break eye contact with me.

"Minnie."

I hum in response, trying to ignore the way he was looking at me.

"Please don't get hurt. When you get hurt I feel so weird." Hyunjin admits, slurring his words a bit.

I sigh, deciding to play along with his sudden confession, "I won't okay? Im not that weak."

Honestly, I felt the sudden urge to smile. Hyunjin really made me realize something. I do have loving parents and an amazing older brother. And he's right, Felix and jisung never leave my side. I have a lot to live for.

Maybe I shouldn't let go this easily. What would they think if I leave them so abruptly?

Would they really be happy like I thought?

How would Hyunjin react if he found out I had cancer? What if he remembered this moment when I promise not to get hurt?

He's right, I never let anything get to me. I'm strong.

And I want to live to see the next shooting star.

Hyunjin moves closer to me, brushing his long hair out of the way. His face breaks out into a wide smile again and his eyes turn to half moons. He lets out a drunk giggle before letting his head fall to my chest.

"You're so pretty Seungmin... hehe." He giggles, acting completely different from the honesty he showed earlier.

"Heh... you're pretty drunk aren't you?" I nervously chuckle, though I didn't move away from his embrace.

Hyunjin abruptly lifts his head, our eyes meeting with his being half squinting and mine wide at our proximity. Our noses were almost touching and I could feel my cheeks warm up.

Suddenly, Hyunjin lifts a hand to my ear, I could feel his soft fingers tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear. My fast heartbeat was echoing through my body.

"You're so pretty it hurts..."

I felt like I was about to explode. The sudden confessions from the older tonight have shook me to my core. And I froze, not moving away from the boy even when he kept leaning in.

"I hate you so much." Hyunjin mutters out, I could feel his hot breath on my lips, sending a shiver down my spine. "so... much."

"H-Hyunjin what are you-"

I'm interrupted by a pair of plump lips hitting mine. My body freezes with my eyes bulging out of my head when I realize what was happening. Hyunjin pressed his lips against mine, letting me feel the softness of his touch.

My enemy and I.

We were kissing.

And this time it felt so different than my last expierence. A weird tingling feeling filled my stomach, replacing the usual disgust I feel around the older.

It was like... butterflies?

Sparks?

It didn't take long before my eyes fluttered shut, slowly, Hyunjin begins moving his lips. Ever so slightly, i begin to kiss back, we move our lips in sync and my mind goes blank. My arm automatically wrapping neck to further deepen this feeling.

The moonlight decorated our faces as the sounds of crickets filled our ears. But a desire I've never felt before was all I was focused on.

My enemy's lips.

A/n
Woohoo!!!
The first kisssss😈😈😈
How do we feel

So unexpected right 👹👹👹

ARE WE GOING INSANE CUZ I AM

anyways I won another game today and my dance team ranked 2nd at a comp 😼😼😼
AND MY GRADES ARE GOING UP EHHEHEEHHE

WOOP WOOP

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!