Chapter 4 - Bruised

"Yeah auntie I had practice after school so I couldn't bring him home." Hyunjins voice echoes through the house, up the stairs, and into my ears as I fix my brown hair in my bedroom mirror.

Just like it always does in this thin walled house.

There were still some short parts in my scalp, but they were slowly starting to grow back, I had been off chemo for a while now and I even had my hair lightened since. But I tried not to think about it as I place my meds and my diary into my backpack and rush down the stairs.

"I heard about your score on the quarter exams Hyunjin, good job honey." I stop my tracks in the stairs, pausing at my mothers words to Hyunjin.

He would be a better son for them right?

I take a deep breath and continue to walk down, making my presence known. My mom turns to me a sends a small smile, "Ah good morning Minnie!"

I respond with a  quick, "morning." And slip on my uniform shoes. I don't dare meet the eyes of the boy in my doorway, thought I already know he was standing there smirking.

"See you boys tonight for dinner! I'll be making your moms favorite Hyunjin!" My mother calls out as the two of us step out the door.

I silently roll my eyes at her embarassing fondness of Hyunjin.

"Minnie? You look different today?" Hyunjin gently shoves his side while scrolling on his phone. "Did you shave your tiny ass mustache?"

"I look the fucking same, don't hit me." I pull out my phone to try to ignore the figure beside me, but I could ignore the sensation in my shoulder.

"Damn how weak are you? I knew your unathletic, but this-" Hyunjin shoves my side harder this time, "ain't a hit."

I let out a small yelp before clutch my hand over my shoulder, I stop as pain shoots through me. Hyunjin doesn't even look back to see if I was okay, he just continues walking.

Get yourself together seungmin-ah

I wince as I continue the path to school, my shoulder aching in pain I had to endure.

November 3rd, 10:56 am

Today hasn't started the best.

Starting off with the fact Hyunjins family's coming for dinner. Which wasn't uncommon But certainly wasn't something to look forward too. I also wasn't feeling well when I woke up this morning, probably the flu or something.

Or maybe it's more.

I'm too scared to check my shoulder.

Hyunjin was just playing around, but if it's bruised, should I tell my parents? I don't want them to worry. There's no way it's what I think it is.

You know the r word?

Relapse?

Hyunjin didn't even wait for me when we walked to school. He probably got inside like 10 minutes before me based on how far behind he left me.

Man I could tell his parents and get him grounded. They know about ny condition and would probably beat his ass if they knew he left me.

But I'm not that evil.

Not to mention, when I got to my locker this morning, there was a note inside. It was a cute little sticky note with a heart on it that read, 'Your fucking stupid! <3 Channie'

Like I'm the fucking stupid one who doesn't know which your to use. To be honest that is me. But this was definitely not Chan. I could hear giggling down the hall when I crumbled up the paper and threw it away.