Chapter 2 - Frenemies

*present day*
-a year and a half later

"Ah Hyunjin-ah! How've you been honey?" My mother cheerfully greets the boy at the door. She had always had a soft spot for him, though I could would never understand why.

"Mrs. Kim! My mother made some pie last night, she told me to give you guys the leftovers." I could hear shuffng as I'm assuming the boy hands her the container of left overs. I didn't have to see to know my mother was smiling ear to ear.

"Aww hunny tell her I said thank you!"

I roll my eyes listening to the conversation from upstairs. I try to keep my focus on my reflection in the mirror, adjusting my uniforms tie and cleaning up my lip tint. It wasn't unusual for me to get sucked into my own reflection. While my mother and Hyunjin smoothly converse downstairs, time starts to fade. Until I hear a yell.

"Minnie! Get down here and don't keep Hyunjin waiting!"

I roll my eyes again as I could hear Hyunjin follow up with a "it's fine auntie." What a two faced brat. I grab my bag and swing it over my shoulder before walking down the stairs.

"There you are! Finally!" My mother huffs as she looks back to Hyunjin and sends him a apologetic smile.

"Sorry eomma..." I quickly put on my school shoes and look up at Hyunjin who was ready at the door. He was leaning on the doorframe and smirking playfully like he always does. His uniform slightly messed up, but everyone knew that was his style.

I sigh and follow the boy as he steps outside, "Get a move on boys, don't be late!" My mother calls after us before shutting the door.

"Were you taking a shit this morning min? Took a damn long time." Hyunjin playfully smiles as we begin to make our way down the path toward school.

"Just keep your mouth closed Hwang." I mutter as I pull out my phone to check my texts. I had only woke up about 20 minutes ago, and in showering and getting dressed, I had had no time to check my phone.

There was a text from somebody who I recently started talking to on Snapchat. A popular boy. Bang Chan. I could help but smile when I saw what it read. 'Hope you slept well last night!'

My heartbeat naturally increased as I quickly sent him a 'I did! hbu?'

After a few moments, I notice a head peeking around my shoulder. I slowly turn my head to see Hyunjin looking at my phone screen. "Is that your boyfriend? Oh shit wait till auntie hears about this!" He grins as he pulls out his phone to take a picture.

I quickly hide the screen and put the phone away. "It's just Jisung you dumbass." I lie as I could feel my face heat up in embarrassment, "Plus you can't even blackmail me. Don't forget I have proof you hooked up with someone in your parents bed. Don't want them to find out right?"

Ah yes, that infamous party. I would say it was last year, no maybe two years ago. It was definitely after my diagnosis, I think I had therapy that day so I was too down to go.

That is until the lights from Hyunjins home next door were bright enough that they were lighting up my own room.

I remember when Felix texted me asking where I was. I remember getting out of bed and walking over to Hyunjins house, knocking on the door and Felix opening it.

I remember being grumpy and weak as hell as I pushed through the dance teens to find Hyunjin and to finally tell him to shut the damn party down.

But when I did, it was absolutely traumatizing. I found him with a girl on top of him, in his parents bedroom. It was clear they were not being holy in that room.