Chapter 6 - First kiss

I spent the whole night rolling around in my bed, unable to find a comfortable enough position to let myself fall into dreamland.

My mind was still running circles. I just couldn't get the things I heard out of my head. Chan was really like the rest of them. He was no better.

I let out a sigh before sitting up abruptly. I pull out my phone, squinting as the bright screen strains my eyes, to find missed calls and messages from the very boy that was wandering my mind. I scoff and ignore them, instead calling the only person I could think who would be up at this hour.

"Han jisung."

"Yeah Minnie? Why are you up?" The boy on the other line responds, his mind clearly preoccupied as sounds of a controller fill the background. He was probably in the middle of one of his late night gaming sessions

"I just couldn't sleep." I respond truthfully.

"Ah. Thinking about Chan?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"No shit. I can read you like a book and I'm only hearing your voice right now."

"Ugh fuck!" I fall back down on the bed, frustrated.

"Seungminnie, trust me when I say if he's fake like that, he isn't worth it." Jisungs voice softens, suddenly becoming more caring.

"But he was so kind. I couldn't help but feel something of someone is so handsome and nice to me." I rub my face, frustrated. The night felt so long in moments like this.

"But maybe that was just a facade? I mean we know who he was friends with, if that gives you a clue to his personality." Jisung suggests, a few clicks coming from the game he was playing on the other end.

"Yeah... but I never thought they would stoop that low. Fuck them."

I could hear Jisung sigh on the other line, "Did you come up with something to strike Hyunjin back?"

The topic change makes me break out into an evil smile, though nobody was in the room to see it, "I got a few things in mind. Thanks for taking care of Minho at lunch."

Jisung bursts out into giggles, "That was the best shit ever!"

"Right!"

****

"Why didn't you eat with us the other night? Your mom kept asking me if you were sick at school." Hyunjin walks beside me to school, just like always. I scoff at his question, as if he even cared about my wellbeing rather than caring about my mothers questions.

I send him a side eye, "Because I don't like you."

"Way to state the obvious dumbass." He rolls his eyes while typing something on his phone. I don't even look in his direction as I wrap my coat around my body tighter.

The air had been getting a lot colder recently. Fall was coming to its peak and it's said the first snow would be early this year.

I hate the cold.

I hate fall.

My immune system is compromised and even catching a small cold could be detrimental for me. Think about how many students get sick in fall. Not so fun is it?

And nobody else understands.

"Hyunjin-ah?"

"What." The older mutters.

"Jisung was telling me about someone putting a note in your locker." I lie, trying to make my voice sound believable.

"Who?" Hyunjin doesn't even look up as we continue walking, "plenty of people give me notes."