Chapter 15 - Treating wounds

Shit.

Why is it so bright?

The faint sound of rustling follows before the blinding light that was beaming into my eyes was blocked by an object.

I slowly flutter my eyes open, my senses returning one by one. My scent. My touch. My taste. My hearing.

So when the first thing I see is Hyunjin hovering over me, his tongue peaking out as he looked focused on my forehead, I let out a yelp, "W-what the hell!?"

It seems that Hyunjin was also startled by the sudden voice because he jumps back, an object drops out of his hands as he yells, "Aish kkamjjagiya-"

I frantically look around, confused. I was in my bedroom, on my bed. A lamp light lit the room from one corner and the windows were dark so it was still the same night.

Hyunjins busted up, but now somewhat cleaned, face only confirmed that.

When I looked to my side to see what he dropped in surprise. I see a bloody Qtip. Confused, I slowly bring a finger up to the side of my head, but I'm quickly stopped by a hand clutching my wrist.

For a second, it hurt like hell.

My arm was covered in nail marks from Chan's right grip on me earlier and Hyunjin quickly lets go once he sees my face contort in pain. I slowly turn to give the boy a disgusted stare, hiding the wince I let out as the cuts burned.

"Yah don't touch- I just disinfected it..." Hyunjin trails off as he rubs his neck, awkwardly.

"The hell... What happened?" I finally question, trying to connect the dots in my head. It felt like it's been years since I last opened my eyes. And I don't remember anything happening to me head...

"I was gonna ask you that." Hyunjin sighs and sits back, "Chan came to your house, he tried to hurt you, I punched him, we fought, and you hit your head on the porch. I think you fainted or something for the last half an hour."

I couldn't even begin to process everything the boy just told me.

You'd think he'd slow down for a person who just woke up from being unconscious.

Without a second thought, I push myself up to sit. Even though my body felt like it was a thousand pound weight, I lift my head and push my arms on the bed.

"Woah woah woah." Hyunjin is quick to stop me, pushing me back down, "don't get up too quick..." he says awkwardly again, "Just rest.. you know?"

I kept giving him a weird look and the older clears his voice and puts back on his teasing personality, "So you kissed Chan huh?"

I almost want to slap him for just changing the subject so fast. Can we go back to the part where you fought my ex crush? And I hit my head?

But I loudly groan try to kick the boy with my legs, "Don't remind me bitch." I tightly close my eyes. My mind couldn't help but replay the events early today.

Chan was drunk. Chan was mad. Chan and Hyunjin fought? Chan was is mad at me because I ignored him and Hyunjin and him fought.

Why does this still not make sense?

"I didn't know yall were official like that?" Hyunjins tone changes a bit, less teasing and more of a genuine confusion in his voice.

"We weren't." I squint at the boy, I didn't even know why I was explaining this to him. "We just kissed once and I stopped talking to him after some things he said...." I trail off, trying to not think about those events any longer.

"Good." Hyunjin turns back to me, picking up a new qtip and finishing disinfecting my wound.

Suddenly I felt so flustered. I close my eyes on instinct to avoid seeing Hyunjins face so close to mine. I was praying he didn't hear my heartbeat either.