37. Destroyed

Toone kya kar daala
Mar gayi main
Mit gayi main
Ho ji
Haan ji
Ho gayi main
Teri deewani

Udaipur, Rajasthan, India

Anaya was traumatised badly.

Discovering that one of her best friends was a serial killer gave her an immense shock, shattering her sense of trust and safety.

The fact that this friend then went on to kill her other best friend, who was even her brother, compounded her anguish and grief to unimaginable levels.

She was devastated.

Anaya was struggling to understand what all actually happened.

The loss of her two closest friends, coupled with the horrific circumstances surrounding their deaths, left her feeling isolated and alone.

Her emotional response, including crying a lot and becoming devastated, given the magnitude of her loss and the trauma she has experienced.

She struggled to cope with her emotions and make sense of the incomprehensible, and just became a quiet girl.

She wouldn't eat, she wouldn't talk

Being lost in her own world, she experienced depersonalization and slowly started to become depressed.

She would wake up at night with a nightmare and would cry alot.

Amrit stayed with her and took care of her.

"Nayu, you are my sister. I-I would always protect you. H-how could y-you think I would scold you for something you didn't do."

Amrit felt hurt, saddened, and brokenhearted upon realizing that his sister feels scared to share sad things with him due to his perceived rude nature.

He felt a sense of guilt for causing his sister distress and regret for his behavior.

"I am so sorry for becoming a bad brother. I thought I was protecting you like that, I didn't realise I was pushing you away from me like that. I am so sorry!" He hugged her and comforted her.

But Anaya had extreme trauma and she just quietly disconnected herself from reality and herself as well.

2 weeks passed by.

Her parents and Amrit tried their best to ease up her mood.

But nothing was of use.

Amrit somewhere felt that it's his negligence that led to this.

If he was less strict, maybe she wouldn't stop everyone from informing him and things could be different.

She had lost two important people of her life.

The ones who had been with her since her childhood.

Her first ever friends.

The only people she had trusted since she didn't even know what trust actually is.

...Hikk de aa yaar mere, oddo de aa naal, jadon pata vi nahi si, yaari cheez ki hundi aa...

Even Shubh did not contact her at all.

Neither she contacted him.

"Nayu! See pizza!" Amrit said with a smile entering her bedroom.

She didn't reply.