20. Gift

Duniya chhadu raah ve mundeya
Baan vich paa ke baan ve mundeya
Adab je jatt naal jadon patole
Vargi naar khadi

。⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠。

The Royal Heights, Edinburgh, Scotland

Anaya's pov

I don't know what just happened, but something for sure did happen.

Because the Shubhveer Singh Gill, Manheer bhabi had described, definitely is not the one infront of me.

He kissed me.

My crush kissed me.

He looks like a complete hot gangster villain kind of, exactly the way described in dark romance books but the way he kissed me,

It was so soft.

So gentle.

As if I am glass.

Every single time he touched me today, it was so soft.

"Can I ask you a question?" I say.

"You don't need to ask my permission to ask me anything, Sohneyo."

"Why do you wear that rubber band?" I finally ask him the question I had been wanting to ask for a long time.

"I wore it once randomly, and now it feels like home. Without it, I feel alone."

"Oh okay. Got it. Btw it's already 6:00 p.m." I say looking at the clock.

"Are you comfortable if I ask where you were going when that incident happened on the road?"

"Umm-I was going to that book slash coffee shop that we have down the alley. I really like spending time there."

"Oh"

"Let's go out" I say and the moment I open the bedroom door only one line comes out of my mouth.

"What the heaven"

A bouquet was infront of me.

It was filled with roses.

But one more thing was in it as well.

All the books of Shatter Me series kept in between the roses.

I squealed and instantly ran towards the bouquet and picked it up

"Shubh this is too good I-, how do you know!!"

"I used to buy books for Manu, so kind of know what is trending."

My eyes widened.

"D-do you read inside the books as well!!!??"

"Nah, I hardly get time to do so in between the investigations. If I start to read novels, fir toh jeet liya main case."

"Hmm point hai. But-"