Chapter Forty-two

"How long has it been since Amy and Rory's wedding?" Cherry wonders aloud, struggling to be heard over the blasting music

"How long has it been since Amy and Rory's wedding?" Cherry wonders aloud, struggling to be heard over the blasting music. Amy and Cherry had heavily disagreed about what type of music they should play whilst they lounge around in the control room. Cherry insisted that Adele and Taylor Swift help fuel her creativity whilst she paints, and Amy went on a very long and tedious rant about how much she despises those singers and could they please listen to something interesting like Muse or Radiohead. The Doctor somehow combined a mix of the music from the artists he heard the cousins arguing about, so now there is a very varied mixtape playing through the Tardis.

The Doctor, not missing a beat or tearing his eyes off the monitor to look over at Cherry as she paints, answers her question. "Nine months."

"Nine?" Cherry repeats the number, working out where that puts them in terms of months. "So, it's March then?"

"Yeah," the Doctor hums.

"It's my birthday this month," Cherry states and the Doctor pauses, finally looking over at her where she is lying across the floor, her legs swinging up behind her. "I'll be twenty-three."

"Surely you're already twenty-three," Amy says in the middle of her go at darts. "We travelled with the Doctor for ages before the wedding."

"But the universe was reset," Cherry points out, not willing to accept she is already twenty-three. "So, I'll be twenty-three this month."

"When?" The Doctor asks her.

"Thirtieth of March," Amy chimes in quickly, sending her cousin a smirk. "Same day as Vincent Van Gogh, I think."

"Wherever would you get an idea like that?" Rory asks in a dramatic, taunting tone.

"I don't know. She's only mentioned it every year for the past twenty-two years," Amy shrugs, teasing her older cousin, who rolls her eyes.

"Oh, so I said that on my first birthday, did I?" she points out the flaw in Amy's jest and the redhead snorts a laugh.

"Probably."

"Shut up," Cherry huffs, returning her attention to her painting as Super Massive Black Hole comes on and Amy groans loudly as she notices the brunette's eyebrows raise. "This song was in Twilight."

"We know," Amy and Rory grumble and Cherry chuckles to herself, quite amused by their annoyance.

"Forty-six," Amy announces Rory's score with a disappointed look on her face after he has taken his go. "Rubbishy, rubbishy, rubbish."

"Hello?" Rory says defensively. "It's a double top!"

"Wrong side of the wire, mister," Amy informs him and he sighs.

"You're on the oche, Red," Rory says, moving out of the way so she can have a go.

"She beats you every time, Rory," Cherry chimes, not looking up from the painting she is working on of a beautiful lagoon the Doctor had taken them to visit.