26. Welcome back home!

As Asher and I made our way back towards my home, a whirlwind of emotions stirred within me, each one clamouring for attention in the chaos of my thoughts. Relief flooded through me at the prospect of finally returning home after what felt like an eternity lost in the wilderness. The familiarity of my surroundings, and the comforting embrace of my family, all beckoned to me like distant beacons of light in the darkness.

Yet, alongside the relief, a deep sadness gnawed at my heart as I contemplated parting ways with Asher. In the short time we had spent together, he had become a constant presence in my life, a source of companionship and support amidst the uncertainty of our journey.

As we journeyed through the dense foliage of the jungle, memories of our time together flickered through my mind like fragments of a dream. I couldn't help but smile at the moments we had shared, the laughter, the camaraderie, the unexpected bond that had formed between us.

But amidst the bittersweet nostalgia, a pang of uncertainty nagged at me. Would I ever see Asher again? Would our paths ever cross in the future, or was this truly the end of our journey together?

Lost in my thoughts, I was suddenly brought back to reality by a familiar sight - the "Rock and Roll" club where Aura's birthday celebration had taken place. The horse came to a stop, and Asher announced that we had arrived at my home.

A surge of mixed emotions welled up within me as I dismounted from the horse, taking in the familiar surroundings with a sense of both relief and sadness. "Asher, do you realize how grateful I am right now?" I exclaimed, my voice filled with emotion. "When I first got lost in this jungle, I was terrified, wondering what would become of me. And now, here I am, back in my city, all thanks to you. Thank you..."

But as I turned to express my gratitude to Asher, he was nowhere to be seen. Panic surged through me as I called out for him, but there was no response. He had vanished into the shadows, leaving me alone once more.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I frantically searched for Asher, the fear of being abandoned once again gripping my heart. I berated myself for not saying a proper goodbye, for letting him slip away without expressing the depth of my gratitude and affection.

"Asher? Asher?" I cried out, my voice trembling with desperation. But there was no sign of him. He was gone.

As I sobbed uncontrollably, a glimmer of light caught my eye. A car approached, its headlights piercing through the darkness like a guiding beacon. And from the car emerged the familiar faces of Aura, Serena, Bella, and Riva.

Relief flooded through me as my friends rushed to my side, enveloping me in warm embraces. "Oh my god, Eva!" Aura exclaimed, tears streaming down her cheeks. "We've been searching everywhere for you! Are you okay?"

Unable to hold back my emotions any longer, I buried my face in Aura's shoulder, clinging to my friends as if they were my anchor in the storm. Through my tears, I managed to choke out a response, "I'm okay now... I'm okay..."

As we approached my home, a mixture of emotions swirled within me like a tempest raging in my heart. On one hand, I felt a profound sense of relief and anticipation at the thought of finally returning home after what felt like an eternity lost in the wilderness. The comfort of my bed, and the familiar sights and sounds of my city, beckoned to me like a beacon of solace in the darkness.

But on the other hand, the bittersweet reality of parting ways with Asher weighed heavily on my mind, casting a shadow over the joy of our impending reunion. Despite our brief time together, he had become a steadfast presence in my life, a source of strength and companionship amidst the chaos and uncertainty of our journey.

As we rode through the streets, my friends' excited chatter filled the air, a welcome distraction from the tumult of emotions swirling within me. Aura, always the inquisitive one, bombarded me with questions, her curiosity piqued by the mysterious circumstances surrounding my disappearance.

"Tell us everything, Eva!" she exclaimed, her eyes shining with anticipation.

Taking a deep breath, I launched into a recounting of my adventures in the jungle, regaling my friends with tales of narrow escapes, unexpected discoveries, and the enigmatic stranger who had become my unlikely companion.