15. The Campfire Harmony

Eva's POV

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting hues of orange and pink across the camp, a sense of contentment settled within me. We walked back to the camp. 

Aura, Bella, and I gathered around the barbecue, the tantalizing aroma of grilling soon filling the air. Mark and Kai, engrossed in stacking firewoods, shared a camaraderie that mirrored the crackling flames they were building. Meanwhile, Serena and Riva found a cozy spot to chat, their laughter blending with the gentle rustle of leaves. In that moment, the warmth of friendship and the flickering flames created a perfect harmony.

Soon, as the delicious food filled the air with mouth-watering aroma, we sat around the campfire celebrating the moment. As the night unfolded, laughter and stories danced in the air around the campfire. 

Bella, with a mischievous glint in her eye, proposed a playful twist to the evening – a game of spin the bottle. The flickering flames illuminated our faces as the bottle spun, bringing an extra layer of excitement to the shared moments by the fire.

As the bottle's capricious spin pointed directly at Aura, a chorus of laughter erupted among us. Playful grins exchanged, we collectively decided to challenge her with a dare – to dance freely under the canopy of stars. 

"So..." I started off. "...I dare you to dance!" 

The very shy girl, almost looking with the 'you so dead now' look at me, finally agreed when her favorite human nodded along with everyone.

"Give us a dance to remember!" Riva teased, clapping her hands.

As Aura started moving to the music, Serena chimed in, "You've got this, Aura! Show us your best moves."

The crackling of the fire seemed to synchronize with Aura's dance, and Bella added, "Go, Aura!"

She first started with some shy moves until her favorite part came and she started slaying as soon as she forgot the presence of us. We all, especially Mark, were stunned. Me and Serena already knew her inner Michael Jackson but Riva and Bella's jaws dropped when she swayed.

The music ended and she finally realized what she just did while watching everyone's reactions. 

"A-A-Aura?" Riva was too speechless. 

"GIRL YOU SLAYED!" Kai already clapping proudly. Meanwhile Bella's eyes bulged out.

I noticed a subtle shift in Aura's demeanor. A blush tinted her cheeks, and her movements, once carefree, took on a hint of shyness. As her eyes briefly met Mark's, there was an unspoken exchange, a moment suspended in time. 

Me and Serena, the proud guardians, took pride that we had raised her well. "We knew it. We're so proud of you"

She, getting back to her shy girl character, blushed and sat back on her seat. The bottle was spun again.

As the bottle's capricious spin landed on Mark, a mischievous twinkle appeared in Kai's eyes. Sensing an opportunity, he grinned and asked, "Alright, Mark, spill the beans. Who's on your mind these days?"

Mark, usually reserved, shot a fleeting glance at Aura, who was still recovering from her dance-induced blush. He hesitated, the unspoken words lingering in the air.

Noticing the unspoken tension, I playfully nudged Mark, asking, "Is it someone we know?" His nervous expression confirmed my suspicion, his blush deepened, revealing a secret held in the silent exchange of glances around the campfire.

A collective "ooh" resonated among us as the realization dawned.

Kai, always one to add a playful twist, added, "We won't judge; spill the secrets!"