Power

Grian sat with Grumbot a little while, tweaking some stuff and building Grumbot a set of gloved arms and while talking all about the recent events that had been happening. "So we need you to kind of help us stop the Watchers." Grian explained. "You are constantly followed by chaos." Grumbot said flatly. Grian laughed. Well, it was true after all. No one could really deny it. 

           "There, try moving your left hand." Grian said, finishing screwing in the last bolt on it. Grumbot complied and waved his left hand. "Okay, that works. Now try the other one." Grian said, smiling. Grumbot was able to fully move both his arms and Grian was pleased with the result. "Okay, now you are no longer armless." 

           "Grian, I want Mumbo." Grumbot complained with a longing tone in his voice. "He's not here, remember?" Grian said, sighing. Grumbot kept on bringing up Mumbo and it was getting very repetitive. Then again, Grumbot's whole purpose in life was to make Mumbo mayor so it was understandable how the AI was having an existential crisis.

           "Grian, if this world does not have Mumbo in it, I find no purpose in it." Grumbot said. "This world must be purged." "What?! No!" Grian shouted. "This world does not have Mumbo in it." Grumbot repeated. "Grumbot, you're doing the Watchers a favor by purging this world!" Grian told him. "So? I want Mumbo." Grumbot said flatly. 

           Grian awkwardly backed off. This was not supposed to happen. He suddenly regretted giving the AI arms. Then an idea occurred to him. "Grumbot, what if I give you enough power to teleport Mumbo here?" He asked. "Will you leave this world alone then?" Grumbot paused as he considered. "I want Mumbo." He said at last. 

           Grian nodded, heaving a huge sigh of relief. Now all he had to do was hook Grumbot up to some power sources and it would all be fine. He jumped off the platform and flew away from Hermitopia to the giant hole in the ground near Animalia that lead to Gobland. "fWhip?" Grian called. The goblin soon materialized by his side, chomping on some rocks.

           "Yeah? Do you need help with Grumbot?" fWhip asked. "Actually, I do." Grian said. "I need to borrow a substantial power source to hook up to him that lets him teleport Mumbo to this world so he doesn't go on an existential crisis and purge this dimension." fWhip blinked. "Uh, could you repeat that again? And slower this time?"

           "I need to borrow a substantial power source to hook up to Grumbot so he can teleport Mumbo here so that he doesn't go on an existential crisis and want to purge this world." Grian repeated. fWhip raised his ears in shock and maybe horror, but Grian was too busy laughing at the sight to really ponder about it too much. "Uh, okay." fWhip said blankly. "I have a giant sign that could work."

           Grian teleported the giant sign to the top of Hermitopia and he and fWhip journeyed back up to the surface to actually attach it to Grumbot. As they exited by Animalia, they ran into False who was busy running for her life with a snapped elytra. "False, are you okay?!" Grian squeaked. False paused and sat down, breathing heavily. 

           "If you count almost dying being okay." She muttered. "Is it the Watchers?!" Grian asked in steadily growing horror. False shook her head and opened her mouth to speak, but beside him fWhip jumped a foot in the air in shock. "No, worse! It's Lizzie!" Grian turned to see Lizzie running towards them with a fancy glowing trident and a very familiar jester's hat. 

           "False, just come back here and let me strike you down with lightning!" Lizzie shouted, preparing to throw her trident. False ducked behind Grian who quickly realized that he could be tagged too as a hermit. "No tag backs!" He quickly yelled. Lizzie stopped in front of him, tail twitching in annoyance.