Trying to get answers

False retreated back to Cogsmeade. Apparently there were these strange new people around called hermits, and False wasn't sure if she could trust any of them. It was creepy, honestly, how they all talked to her so... familiarly. Like they knew her. False didn't know what to think of that.

            Maybe I knew them before... before I woke up here. I did come from another dimension, like they did. Feeling her curiosity about other dimensions growing, False wondered what she was supposed to do. She was no scientist; she couldn't test on the rift or anything. She needed someone else's help. And she had a vague idea about who to ask. 

           She didn't even wait for Jimena to come back from Tumble Town. She just boated to Sanctuary. False figured that going by water would attract less attention; from the other emperors, from the hermits, from anyone, really. False didn't want to encounter anyone while she did... research, or whatever it was she was doing. She wasn't even sure much herself. She just wanted answers to some very confusing questions. 

          False tied her boat to the Sanctuary dock and tried to look for Sausage in an inconspicuous way. The thing was, though, it was impossible to go unnoticed when you're with Sausage. When she found him, he was saying goodbye to some people she didn't recognize.

           Probably hermits, False surmised. As they left through his nether portal, False approached the Sanctuary emperor quietly, hoping that there weren't any other hermits around. Somehow hearing her coming, Sausage spun around to greet her with a wide grin. 

           "False!" He shouted, hopping toward her. False took a step back. "Which one are you?" He suddenly asked. "What?" She blinked. Sausage suddenly nodded, comprehending. "Oh, okay. Makes sense. Anyway, what can I do for you today? Where's Jimena?" He looked around for the black-haired girl, but she was most likely still in Tumble Town.

            "She went to visit Jimmy," False explained. Sausage nodded. "Oh, okay. So, uh, what can I do for you?" "Well..." False realized she had no idea how to word it. "I want to know more about the multiverse," She blurted. Sausage blinked, thinking hard. 

           "Yeah, me too. Those hermits are nice, aren't they?" "Um," False thought about her one and only hermit encounter. "They're... weird, I guess." Odd way to explain that they might know you in another world. "Not any more than the rest of us!" Sausage laughed. False forced a laugh too. "What do you think of them?"

            "The hermits?" Sausage asked. She nodded. "They're making me feel a bit dizzy, honestly. I've already teleported to another dimension once today after meeting them!" He added proudly. False blinked. "Don't worry, once I get it under control I'll figure out a way to get you back to your world!" Sausage said. "Just like I promised!" Then he sobered up. "Some of us will miss you when you're gone, though." 

           Will I miss anyone when I go back? False wondered. She tried to think of her interactions with the other emperors. She usually liked to stay disconnected from everyone. But that's lonely. Ever since Jimena arrived, I've been talking to the other emperors more. They all seem really friendly, except maybe Joel. Hm, I think I'll miss Jimmy a little if I leave. And Jimena. Or maybe she can come with me. False was distracted from her thoughts by the act of Sausage tapping her shoulder. 

           "Hello, False? Earth to False; are you still in there or are you being controlled by your bloodlust?" Sausage waved a hand in front of her face. "Excuse me, what?!" False sputtered, registering what he just said. Sausage shrugged.

            "Anyway, I'm planning to do some research on the hermits, so I'll keep you posted?" False realized that it was a question. "Oh, yeah, okay. Keep me posted, thanks." Sausage nodded and walked away. False went back to her boat to return to Cogsmeade, wondering if she even did anything on her visit to Sanctuary. 

Watching and Listening - An Empires SMP AUOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara