Watcher meeting

False wondered what was going on as all the hermits trooped to spawn. Sausage was acting very serious and he'd apparently called everyone to a meeting; all of the hermits and the emperors were there. Or at least most of them; Gem and the other False were nowhere in sight, although Jimena was sitting next to Jimmy.

           False approached the girl cautiously and she flinched slightly away when she saw her. False winced as well; their last encounter hadn't exactly gone well and now she was regretting it somewhat. Jimena seemed just like a little girl, after all...

           "Hi," She said quietly to her. Jimena looked back without saying anything and False caught her gripping Jimmy's hand rather tightly. "I'm sorry about last time." False continued. Jimena hesitated before replying. "Okay. I'm sorry about last time too." False nodded in mutual understanding.

           "How's my clo- the other False doing?" She asked, changing her terms at the last second. "They're doing better without you." Jimena said rather stiffly. "She didn't want to come to the meeting because you'd be here." False noted how she changed between the words 'they' and 'she' and remembered that False had another personality now. She wondered curiously which personality did what and who wanted what.

           Sausage clapped his hands for silence and all eyes were on him. And then they all looked down by Sausage's feet at the black and brown Yorkshire terrier with a yellow collar that was sitting there with an anxious expression on its face. "Okay, for those of you who haven't met my girl yet," Sausage began, and he picked up the dog and held her up.

           "This is Bubbles. She's a multiversal being that has the power to swallow you whole if you dare cross her, but you won't be mean to a cute little dog like her, right?" There was silence as everyone processed Sausage's words and someone coughed awkwardly. "Anyway," Sausage went on, putting Bubbles down gently, "Bubbles has told me something bad is happening. Our universe is now blocked off from other worlds by powerful multiversal entities. This is not good."

           The hermits collectively gasped and the emperors who weren't Sausage glanced over at them in confusion. "How did you know?" False wanted to know. Pearl gave her a look. "It's Sausage." She said. "Spend enough time with him and you'll learn to not ask questions like that." "I see you hermits already knew." Sausae said with a smile like he wasn't surprised at all. "Grian told you?" He guessed.

           Grian gave him a look. "Grian, is it okay if I tell everyone your secret?" Sausage asked. Grian looked at Sausage and then to Jimmy and Scar. "Is he being serious right now?" He asked. "I'm being totally serious!" Sausage roared back at him. "I know you're a Watch-" Grian quickly pressed his index finger to his mouth and made a shushing noise.

           "How did you know?" Grian asked in surprise as the emperors tried to figure out what was happening. "Well, Bubbles is connected to her other interdimensional counterparts across the multiverse and she told me about how the four original Watchers are messing around in this world to warn me." Sausage shrugged.

           "Anyway, back to why I called this meeting, Bubbles occasionally multiverse jumps but today when she tried it didn't work. And I also stopped having those weird teleporting dreams. Which is good in a way, I guess, but that's not the point." Sausage rambled, realizing he was on a tangent.

           "Anyway, there's a really powerful thing called a Watcher who might be around as powerful as my girl Bubbles and he's stopped all multiversal travel in this universe. No one gets in, no one gets out. Which means one thing. They're coming to destroy this world." There came another collective gasp and everyone started murmuring.

           "What's a Watcher?" fWhip asked, raising his hand. "Oh yeah, not all of you know what one is." Sausage said, and Bubbles sighed at his incompetence. "Okay, raise your hand if you know what a Watcher is." All the hermits raised their hand and some emperors did, including Sausage, Lizzie, Joel, Pix, Jimmy, and Scott.