Not Yet Over

Draven's pov

The war was surely not yet over, it had only just began and if the Ceremony doesn't happen by tonight, before the blood moon rises I'm doomed.
I will never again be able to shift, today's my only chance of braking this stupid curse once and for all.

"You're going to pay for this Draven". The wolf king, Julian sneered at me as my men dragged him out of the pack house.

I yank him by his hair, he winces. How is that going to happen? When you're fate is now in my hands? I chuckled tugging harder on his hair.

He scoffs. My people will not rest until their king is rescued and not until they have your head served to me on a sliver platter.

Remember one thing Julian, I don't show any mercy towards my enemies, particularly you and your filthy wolves. I'm going to have so much fun torturing you until you can no longer bear the pain.

Get him out of my sight before I change my mind and kill him right this moment. I yelled.

"You're making a huge mistake Draven".He gritted out as my men began dragging him once again.

I drew in a long sigh, running a hand through my hair, glancing at the mess around me.
The place looks like a damn warzone. Too many of them were killed ruthlessly by the hands of my men and I today. It wouldn't have ended up this way if Dorian had just given me what I initially came for.

What do we do with him? Adrian asked shoving Dorian infront of me.
I smirked narrowing my eyes at his helpless condition. He should've been the first person I killed because he's the one who initially started this war.

What do I do with you Dorian? I said as I roughly gripped him by his jaw, forcing him to look directly into my eye.

Please don't hurt me Draven. You've already punished me enough by killing my son. Dorian cried out.

I chuckled at the way he begged me to spare his miserable life.
I grip him by the collar of his shirt, picking him up a little. Unfortunately I don't trust you not after what you did. If you're going to stay alive you will need a constant reminder not to mess with me ever again. I hissed.

Red. It covered my sight as well as Adrian's and Dorian's.
Dorian laid on the ground rolling and groaning in pain. His hand was covering the deep, dark hole on his shoulder whilst his other arm laid a few meters away from him.
The ground were I stood was covered in blood, Dorian's blood.

I now felt a little satisfied watching him writh in pain and beg for his pathetic life.
And that's what you get for fucking with me. I growled narrowing my eyes at him.
I watch as Dorian's mate and daughter rushes to him, sobbing.

Alpha Draven I beg of you to please spare his life.
Dorian's mate pleaded kneeling at my feet.
Pathetic imbeciles that's what you all are. I spat walking away.

I stride inside of Dorian's pack house, halting when I see the doctor healing the girl.
She had injured herself by falling down from a flight of stairs after she watched me rip out her mate's heart from his chest. 

Is there any improvement? I asked the doctor as I observed him sticking a huge needle into the girls arm.

He jumped in fright at the sound of my voice making him pull out the needle.
I hear the pounding of his eratic heartbeat as I step closer to him. The smell of fear radiates the air.

Why isn't she awake yet? And you still haven't answered my question?
He gulps, glancing between the girl and I, taking a step back.

Forgive me alpha Draven but I was forced to do it. He cried out staring at me in horror.
My brows furrowed looking at him. What are you talking about? I growled.
I was instructed to get rid of the girl.

***

Soon the grandeur of the palace stood before us.

As soon as I walked to the front door, Colton , my delta, immediately bowed, "alpha welcome home". He said.
As he stood up straight his eyes widened when he looked at the human in my arms.

No one knew besides Adrian and Cole that the girl was human. Lycans mating with Humans weren't actually heard of.

I rushed towards the direction of the pack clinic. Adrian and Cole towed behind me.
As soon as I got there one of the  doctors approached me, checking on the girl in my arms.

Selene's pov

Beeping. low, steady beeping.
Why do I smell chemicals?

I was trying to understand where I was, but my eyelids were too heavy to lift.

My hand rested upon my forehead. The throbbing was ever so present, that it made it hurt to even think.

The fatigue finally set into my body, even moving the slightest bit made me wince in pain.

Where the hell was I?

I heard faint whispers in the dark, one of them was a woman and the other sounded like a man's voice. I could barely make out what they were saying.

Do you want me to inform the alpha? She's awake. The woman spoke.
"No he's busy at the moment and he doesn't want to be disturbed"

I drew in a sharp breath and snapped my eyes open as fear flooded through me.
The white curtain close to my bed flew back and there stood a guy probably 5foot tall with broad shoulders, dark hair and grey eyes.

"You're finally awake" he smiled warmly leaning against my bed.
Who are you? And where am I? I questioned.
Relax you're in safe hands. He assured me by the way I'm Adrian. He introduced himself.

"She's probably hungry give her something to eat" another voice spoke
Stepping besides Adrian. This guy had short dark blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes which reminded me of Grayson.

By just thinking of him shatters my heart. He betrayed me and now he's dead. No matter what he had done to me he didn't deserve to die in such a brutal way in fact no one deserves to die in such a ruthless manner.

I'm Cole. The blonde guy spoke pulling me from my reverie.
I shot him a tight lipped smile. Nice meeting you both. I mumbled glancing between the two of them.

What happened? How did I get here? I asked once again, hoping they would tell me.

You're at the blood moon pack, the Lycan kingdom to be more precise. Adrian responded.
And don't worry, we're not as bad as you think. Cole interjected.

My heart raced thinking about him, the way he mercilessly slaughtered Grayson's pack members and him as well. How can I not worry? When I'm now trapped with a beast.

A brown - haired woman wearing a white coat who I presume is the doctor appeared before me.
I'm doctor young, but you can call me Isabell.
I nodded giving her a small smile.

As she moved towards me I flinched, she held her hands up, trying to show me she meant no harm. I gave her a nod. Seeing no further objections from me she began taking my temperature.

Cole looked at me with a soft expression, gently taking my hand in his. I know you're afraid, but I assure you there's absolutely nothing to be scared of. We won't do anything to hurt you Selene, I swear.

These two seemed genuinely nice but I can't trust them not just yet.

Suddenly Adrian and Cole backed away from the bed. Their demeanor had instantly switched.

I heard the sound of footsteps approaching.
A tall, dark figure entered the dimly lit room. My heart began to pound against my rib cage. I gulped in fear when my gaze met his. It was him, the monster who's about to destroy my life.