Braking The Curse

Dravens pov

I was busy training my warriors at the training grounds when my beta Adrian suddenly interrupted the training, pissing me off.
I hate being disturbed especially when I'm doing something important.

"Alpha there's someone here to see you. He informed me"

"Adrian didn't I make myself clear to you that no one is to disturb me whilst I train the warriors?"

Yes you did alpha, but this person insists on meeting with you. It's a woman and she says it's quite urgent.

Everyone says that whenever they need something from me. Tell her to leave and I'm busy right now.
Okay alpha. He mumbled out, walking away.

The situation with the rogues were out of control. Almost everyday we've been experiencing rogue attacks. Many of my members either were seriously injured or killed by those filthy mongrels and it was really beginning to piss me off.

I have so much to deal with on one hand it's the rogue situation and the other is the freaking council, they just wouldn't leave me the damn hell alone.

They've given me a year, a year to find myself a mate and if I don't within this year they won't hesitate to take away my kingdom and hand it over to someone else.

I've been ruling this kingdom for centuries and now these council members suddenly wants to kick me out of the thrown because they think I'm way too old and that I don't have an heir to take over.

They had come to a conclusion and given me a choice it's either I get myself a chosen mate or I give my throne away to someone who I think deserves it
.
I'm not doing neither of those two. I'm not going to just take any random woman and make her my queen, no I don't want that. I want what everyone else has a fated mate. I want to be able to experience the mate bond but unfortunately for me it isn't going to happen because I've been cursed, I've been cursed by non other than that bitch the werewolves worship, the moon goddess.

She cursed me to never experience true love, she cursed me to spend my centuries all alone and miserable just cause I slaughtered an entire pack of werewolves. So Celeste the moon goddess decided to avenge her kind and curse me with an eternity of loneliness and mysery.

Everyone return back to your duties training is over. I announced. Everyone began clearing out and returning to their duties whilst I head to my chambers to get cleaned up.

I opened the door to my office, stepping inside I see a woman standing with sliver grey hair and pale blue eyes is seated on the couch.
I raised a brow. How the hell did you get in here? I growled.
Calm down alpha I'm a witch I can do absolutely anything I want. She smirked.

Adrian! I bellow. Within a second he rushes into my office looking a little startled.
What is she doing here? I point at the witch.
I thought I told you to leave. What are you still doing here? Adrian asked the witch.

I'm here to see your alpha, now would you mind giving us a moment? There's something important I'd like to discuss with him. The woman spoke, staring at me.

Adrian you can go. I'll deal with this.
Okay if you need me I'll be right outside. I nodded and watched Adrian leave the witch and I alone.

What do you want witch? I asked folding my arms across my chest.
Alpha Draven I've come with a proposal and I'm certain you won't turn this down.

I see so what sort of proposal you have for me?
I know you've been searching for a bride and I think I might have just the right one for you.

Adrian! I yell. Yes alpha, he answers, storming into my office.
Get her out of here and make sure she doesn't enter the palace again!

Yes alpha. He said as he grabbed the witch by her arm.
Are you sure you don't want to listen to my proposal alpha?

I'm in no mood to entertain this bullshit and I most certainly don't need a damn marriage broker. Now get out before I drag you out of here myself! I yelled banging my fist onto the desk.

Alpha Draven I know how to brake the curse in fact the girl I know can do it but that's if you agree to marry her.

This is absurd! "Adrian get her out of here now"
I think it's time we go. Adrian said dragging her out.
Suddenly Adrian is on his knees holding his head and screaming in pain.
What the hell did you do? I questioned the witch as I rushed towards Adrian, helping him get up from the floor.

Relax alpha I'm not going to kill him. I've just given him an aneurysm. He'll be fine that's if you will listen to what I have to say to you?

I sighed fine. What is it that you want?

So you're telling me that this girl will brake the curse if I marry her? And how certain are you this would work?

Alpha Draven If you don't believe me let me show you a glimpse of what the future holds for you if you remain this way for the next century to come.

The witch grabbed my hands in hers and closed her eyes she starts chanting in a language I can't seem to understand. Suddenly I see my pack members being slaughtered, my kingdom burning down to the ground and then there's me laying on the ground batterd and bruised.

I then see a man hovering over me with a sinister smile on his lips. "I warned you Draven but you never payed heed to me. Now that you will be gone, the kingdom will be needing a new king. A king who is capable of being a leader to his people" the man said.

Now do you believe me? The witch asked staring at me.
If this doesn't work then I'm going to kill you and your entire coven. I threatened.

I don't belong to a coven. I'm alone, I prefer working alone. She said.

Well I guess I don't have much of a choice do I?
I'm afraid you don't alpha Draven. The clocks ticking you need to do this as soon as possible.

Okay then we will do this but where  exactly is this girl I'm going to marry?

I already have that covered all you have to worry about is how you're going to get her to agree with this marriage. Here is her details. The witch said handing me a white envelope.

It was nice meeting you alpha I guess I'll be seeing you soon.
Tell me what.....before I could even complete my sentence she disappeared into thin air.
"That's freaky" Adrian commented.

After Adrian had left the office, I grabbed a sealed bottle of scotch from the cupboard and took a huge gulp.

I lay my head against the chair and stare at the photo of my "so called future bride"

I wish things were much simpler, I wish I had a mate by my side it would've made things more easier for me as well as the kingdom.

I don't have any other choice than to marry this girl. I just hope she isn't some gold digging whore that will plot to kill me and take away my throne.

As I continue staring at the photo something deep inside of me begins to stir, waking up the beast in me.