The Lycan King

Selene's pov

The ground beneath me seemed to shift as this new revelation piled on top of an already overwhelming day.
The man who I thought was human, the man who had stolen my first kiss, turned into a massive Grey wolf right before my eyes.

I stare at him in disbelief. Is this a dream? Am I dreaming? "Selene" Grayson calls out pulling me out of my daze.

I-I... You.. I stutter, trailing off when I can't seem to form a proper sentence.

"Selene" he states cautiously holding his hands out to me. "Listen to me"
What are you? I blurt out stepping away from him.

"Selene calm down". He orders when I start breathing rapidly not being able to wrap my head around what I just saw.

How on earth did you just turn into a wolf? I questioned.
I stumble back slightly, feeling my head spin, wide eyed Grayson catches me and pulls me back. I shudder as I rest my head against his bare chest.

"This is way too overwhelming for me, I need time to process this" I said.
Take all the time you need my love. He whispered.

You know I think I'm totally cool with dating a wolf. I smiled tilting my head to look up at him.

"You are? " he asked looking at me surprised. Yes I am. I groaned feeling a little weak. But we will continue this discussion later on. I mumbled as my eyes began slowly closing.

When I woke up I realized I was in Grayson's bedroom, alone. He was nowhere to be seen. I make my way around the large bed and stride towards the door opening it.

I gasp when I see Grayson at the doorway with a tray of food in his hand. "Finally you're awake" he smiled. I move aside to let him enter. Grayson strides in placing the tray of food onto the table.

Suddenly there's an awkward silence in the air making me nervous.
Grayson clears his throat. Why don't you eat, you need the strength.

I nod mumbling out a thank you as I take the tray and placing it onto my lap.
"I'm sure there must be a ton of questions you want ask me?" He spoke  as he observed me.

"Yes I do but I seem to have forgotten my questions". I laughed.
A soft chuckle escapes his lips but then his face turns serious.
I'm a werewolf, I was born this way. He replied.

How come I didn't know about this? Are there more of you? He nods. "Yes there is many of us". He sighs running a hand through his hair. Humans have no idea we exists, we've kept it this way for many centuries that's why we live in packs, with our own kind.

But you were living amongst humans? I shot him a confused glance.
"Yes infact I was forced to by my father". But why?
I did some pretty bad stuff back in the past and he wanted to punish me so he thought by punishing he would make me live amongst humans.

I don't get it. Why would he punish you by living amongst humans?
Don't hate me for saying this but we werewolves have always hated the human race.

So you also despise us? He sighs scratching the back of his head. I used to once upon a time but after meeting you. I sort of changed my mindset, I guess you all are not the same.

Meaning? I asked furrowing my brow.
Don't get me wrong but humans tend to be downright annoying.

Am I annoying? He smiles cupping my face. No of course you're not.
I don't understand if you hate humans so much why did you want to date me?

"Because you're my mate".
Mate as in?...
Well a mate is like a soul mate, given to us by the moon goddess. They are our other half  and they are the most important person in our lives. They can easily calm us down and even rile us up. He chuckles, his body vibrating against mine. "You're also my luna"

What's a luna? I asked looking at him curiously. A luna is a motherly figure towards the pack, she has a stronger bond with the pack members, she also helps the alpha with work regarding the pack basically without her the alpha as well as his pack is incomplete.

Wow this is sure a lot to take in. I commented. I know but we still have time to prepare ourselves until my dad retires and hands me over the title. 

A sharp knock on the door draws both our attention. Grayson sighs rising from the couch to attend to the door.

A familiar looking guy stands at the doorway. I've seen him before but where exactly?
I stare at him for a moment recalling where I'd seen him.
"Oh", right I saw him and Grayson with a few other guys at the dinner chatting with cassey and her minions.

He smiles at me warmly. Hey Selene. He greets. Hi. I greet back with a smile.

"Selene" Grayson says. This is Ryan my best friend. Nice to finally meet you Selene. Ryan said shaking my hand.

You needed something? Grayson asked Ryan. Yeah your dad wants to see you urgently in his office.

***

Grayson's pov

I didn't want to leave Selene, there was so much more I had to tell her about me but on the other hand I couldn't keep my dad waiting. From the way Ryan had spoken I knew it was something serious.

I have to go my dad wants to see me. I promise I'll be back soon. I said kissing her on her forhead. "Okay" she murmured watching me leave.

Yes dad you wanted to see me? I asked entering his office. Take a seat, he motioned to the chair across him.
I have some rather disturbing news for you.

So you're saying the person who I killed was selene's step brother?
Yes I'm afraid and now Andrew is pissed and wants to start a war with our pack.

But wasn't he banished by the alpha king?
He was but he has now turned rogue and has a army of rogues behind him.

Damn it! I cursed clenching my fist.
What are we going to do dad?
I'm not sure son. We'll just have to wait until Andrew makes the first move. For now I have the warriors surrounding the entire territory just incase he shows up with his army of rogues.

That isn't good enough. We need to do something more. Like what exactly Grayson? My father yelled.

Maybe I should go to him and speak with him, see what it is he wants.
And you think that's going to work? I shrugged. Or perhaps I could kill him myself.

Before my dad could respond a loud howl was heard from a distance. My dad's eyes glazed. Someone's mind linking him.

The door flies open his beta, James rushes in looking panicked and afraid.
What's going on? I asked glancing between the two of them.

"We have a huge problem" my dad spoke rising from his seat.
James inform the warriors to surround the entire pack house, he cannot be let in. My dad ordered.

Dad do you mind telling me what the hell is going on? I growled.

"It's the Lycan king, he's here to take your mate"