Lover?!

Xanders third person pov

Xander smiles at his brother and his papa as they doted and praised him, he let them dress him up and they even gave him jewelry since they know he likes shiny things. All in all he doesn't mind their spoiling he finds it a matter of course. As he relaxed propped on the couch head on pillows body stretched and legs across his brother's lap he was thinking to himself.

He knows they love him and he knows there isn't much they'll deny him so he's willing to be their little treasure it's just one thing that will determine if he'll accept them or not. Elijah... now it doesn't matter if they'll accept him or not because he'll be with him either way Elijah's his but Elijah and his family has one more trial if his family can accept this is who he wants to be with he will always stay with them and of course if they'll accept Elijah, then Elijah has to accept them to he's not that inconsiderate they are his family after all and Elijah will have to learn that family is important to him.

He would have never chosen a lover over his original family they were his blood and took care of him since forever and he knows he's high maintenance but this is a new world he doesn't know these people well and Elijah has taken care of him since the beginning, he's a little above his new family and he doesn't want to choose he wants them all to get along or at least accept each other so this is his test for his family.

His test for Elijah considering how they got together he's still insecure sometimes about weather Elijah really loves him or not and he knows they agreed to be each others but in order for him to feel secure he needs Elijah to prove with action and not words he knows he can be clingy that's just who he is. He doesn't know if Elijah likes him because he's so reliant on him or even if it's because he sticks to him everyday so he just accepted it and of course he knows it doesn't hurt that he's beautiful.

So for Elijah his test will be distance he's decided that when not if his family accepts their relationship he's gonna have them send Elijah on a mission of sorts nothing major just a temporary job away from him if by the time his time limit ends and Elijah still cares for him and hasn't decided that he's to much or he wants someone else then Elijah won't be able to escape him any more he'll use any means to keep his man by his side as the saying goes "if you love them let them go if they don't come back where they really yours to begin with".

This will be his only chance to leave if he takes it .... If he's doesn't well then that's only right.

With his mind made he lazily glanced at his brother and his papa and yawned "big brother...papa" he said softly but easily caught their full attention.

"Yes little love?" His big brother asked while his father asked "yes darling?" He smiled before psyching himself up and just ripped the bandage off.

"I have a lover...my lover is Elijah my personal butler (?)" he said and just stared at them not wanting to miss even a little bit if their reaction which was good because it looked like they were changing emotions a mile a minute.

He stayed silent as it finally sunk in "LOVER?!!" Bother yelled they didn't care if it was a butler or if he was a guy just that their little prince was being stolen from them. Not that they could blame anybody for taking interest in their treasure how could they their precious treasure was the best in the world.

Both of their face turned grim and just as the Duke started to open his mouth to say something and his brother looked to be right behind him, they both froze seeing xanders expression it looked pitifully hopeful like all he wanted was for them to accept it and if they didn't it would shatter his little heart.

They tried not to give in really they did but they were not strong enough to fight his kitty tears. The Duke let out a long suffering sigh running his hand down his face. While his brother just closes his eyes with his head tilted back and took deep breaths.

They both seemed to pull it together at the same time as both of them straightened and nodded their heads in acceptance. Xander broke out into the most dazzling brightest beautifulest smile either had seen and melted instantly the Duke was reminded of his late wife and all the rest of his defenses broke as well.

"Thank you papa, big brother... I love you both" he said with a sweet smile on his face and that would have sealed their fate if it wasn't sealed already he had them so tightly wrapped around their fingers and all of them knew it.

"It's nothing you have to thank us for sweet prince" the Duke said thinking back on who Elijah was before frowning  softly his brother face copying. "Is he treating you well darling?" His papa asked while his brother looked at home waiting in his answer.

He sighed and that concerned them be he didn't pay it any mind and nodded. "Yes he treats me nicely... I've just...." He trailed off slowly before glancing at them.

"I'm just insecure is all, I'm sure you both know he isn't or wasn't the nicest person and it took a while for him to accept my feelings and reciprocate genuinely but I still doubt... does that make sense?" He asked wanting them to see where he is coming from and they both nodded.

"Yes we understand perfectly fine little love" his brother said in his deep comforting voice while his father nodded. His brother looked at him then to his father as they waited to see what he would say. "Is there something you're wanting darling?" His papa asked him and he nodded.

"I would like for him to be put else where for some time a year two at the most...I-i wan to see if he's genuine by giving him space.. and when the time is right that he will come back to me and still feel the same way or more about his feelings to me.." he said softly still not used to talking this much but this is important he has to speak clearly.

They both nodded yes they could do that for their treasure and anyways it would give them time with their little darling without having to worry about that beast taking him away from them.

"Of course love, I'll call him here now would you like to stay while we discuss or leave?" The Duke hoped he left he just wanted to scare to butler a bit for daring to touch their little treasure but alas the gods were not on his side as he saw his darling son nod.

He sighed but nodded his head and called for a maid to fetch Elijah, all three occupants in the room relaxed as they waited in the man to come and xander was curious as to how Elijah would react would he leave willing, would he put up a fight, would he blamed him? But most of all he wonders if Elijah will move on out of spite?

Elijah was and is the type to think love is a weakness even now although Elijah does care for him he knows it isn't love it's more of a own ship a feeling of a owners love and care to their pet or possessions. Xander doesn't mind being owned but he's possessive to he wanted Elijah's love not just his lust.

If Elijah dared to sleep with anyone while away he'd know and he'd retaliate before bowing to never see him again. He will let it be known to Elijah when he comes here this is by no means a break or a break up just temporary relocation from Elijah's Knowledge and a test of faith and loyalty to xander.

Xander closed his eyes as he heard a firm knock at the door and his papa say "come in"

'We are lovers after all it's only right he loves me as I love him I just want him to want me like I want him...I need that security before I'm able to let him fully inside my defenses, my family has already proven they can be trusted with my guard down now just Elijah..'

———————————————————————————

And done 🥱 this is a second draft the first was discarded as I wanted to go a different route with their relationship and also allow family bonding that will fit without them being to sticky.

This has been marinating in drafts for a few days and I finally finished and am posting it

I hope you all like how it's going I'll see what happens next

Good bye lovelies 💋❤️❤️