-Chapter 20- I need to learn how to use a GPS

"You're in the wind, I'm in the water

Nobody's son, nobody's daughter

Watching the chemtrails over the country club

Suburbia, The Brentwood Market

What to do next? Maybe we'll love it

White picket chemtrails over the country club"

—Chemtrails Over the Country Club by Lana del Rey

   I was walking out of school deep in my thoughts. I still couldn't quite process what had happened to me this weekend. I didn't know if to feel happy to finally found my teammates or if I wanted to punch someone in the face because someone's life cannot be this fucked up. How come are these people on my team? (I know I have asked this question like a million times but really, what the fuck?)

   While I was walking I had my headphones on while I listened to music. I walked with my face down facing the floor trying to look for answers to my questions. Each time I tried to answer one, another one popped into my head increasing the pain in of my headache.

   They were like: What did Kayla mean by saying we had lost a battle and disappeared? Who were we fighting? Why were we fighting them? How long has it been since then? Why can't any of us remember? How did we lose our memories and why? Why do people suddenly start to hate us? What happened to the villain we were fighting? And who the hell is the Crystal King--?

   I stopped walking as a terrible pain formed in the back of my head.

   Stop overthinking everything, said the deep voice in my head. Concentrate on a more important question: can you trust the people around you that you call friends?

   I moved my gaze from the ground and focused on what was in front of me. Everyone was getting on the buses to get home. The voice is right I should not concentrate on finding answers to those other questions when I might have a mole on our team.

   That's when I found Kayla walking towards the bus. She is definitely my first option of the one that might be betraying us. I was making my way towards her to ask why would she take the bus if she could easily afford a chauffeur like me. But she then went the other way down the street, not stopping to take a bus.

   Where is she going?

   I know it's not correct to follow people but I mean, I still didn't trust her so I should follow her just to make sure she isn't plotting against us.

   Yes, this is for the good of the team.

   As I followed her I saw she made her way to a...gymnasium? Is she really taking the fighting thing this seriously?

   I waited a minute and went after her inside and noticed this wasn't a gymnasium, this was a skating rink. I looked for Kayla but couldn't find her. Where did she go?

   Then I saw her at the door of the skating rink and making her way to the center of the rink. She was wearing black leggings a white shirt and a sporty-looking t-shirt. She stayed still for a moment until music began playing: Chemtrails Over the Country Club by Lana del Rey. 

   She started dancing with the rhythm of the music. She moved her arms with determination like a ballerina and then started skating. Her body moved with effortless precision, a symphony of controlled strength and fluid elegance. She followed the slowed rhythm of the music as she moved swiftly on her skates, punctuated by the occasional crisp scrape as she executed tight turns.