-Chapter 17- I face my childhood friend

🐉

"Remember when you hit the brakes too soon?
Twenty stitches in a hospital room
When you started crying, baby I did too
But when the sun came up I was looking at you"

-Out of the Woods (Taylor's version) by Taylor Swift

🐉

  4:15 pm... And that little bitch wasn't there. And of course, it was raining.

  The cars that passed through the flooded highway splashed everywhere. I could see the push of the water even from afar. It was purring. My green hoodie was soaked wet, and I was here standing outside, in the cold, waiting for them to show up. I knew it was a bad idea to leave them wondering.

  "What do we do about Kayla?" Cole said breaking the silence. Kayla wasn't even my concern. I could deal with her. She was after all: powerless. We could do that. We can get her to cooperate. On the other hand, Arya was another story.

  "And Arya." I said, a little too fast.

  "We can use Kaylas help," Cole scoffed as Zane said that. "She's the only one that can read the language in which whoever Master Wu wanted to warn us about is communicating. And Arya is here for a reason. If Sensei wanted us to find her then we should let her join."

  "No!" I screamed a bit too loud. Everyone turned to face me. "I mean, she was in a wanted criminal poster then it can't be good."

  "She lost her memory just like the rest of us." Nya said next to me. She was also wet, but she didn't really care. Her hoodie was off, and her black hair was dripping. She wasn't bothered by the rain, after all it's her element. "I think you are overreacting Lloyd."

  "I'm not, she can be lying about the memory thing." I reasoned with her. Her eyebrows rose in suspicion. I have no idea what it meant. I could never really understand the things she did sometimes. Maybe it's memory issue but deep down I knew that it had always been like that.

  "Sure, there's no other reason?" She asked.

  "What?!" I said. "No there isn't. Why were there be any other reason?" She looked around the rest of the team and everyone was just as confused as me. She sighed and added.

  "Never mind." She rolled her eyes. "But I wouldn't bother to have other girls in the groups. So, things like this don't happen." She pointed around and I just looked at her even more confused.

  "You learn not to ask." Kai said leaning on the window of the shop that we were waiting nearby as he scrolled through his phone. I rolled my eyes. I knew he would rather be anywhere, but here. And believe me I also wanted him to leave and never show his face again. I looked at the time again. 4:20.

  "That's it! I'm looking for Arya if anyone wants to join me your free to come." I turned around and found the most annoying human being in the planet, if she even was a human. She had a smirk that spread across her mouth. Her arms were crossed just Infront of her. She looked up to meet my eyes and her hip hang on one side while she leaned on her right leg for support. Her chin was tilted upwards as if she was trying to be empowered. She was wearing a sleeveless purple tank top and some black leggings. She her purple mask hanging around her neck loosely. She had black leather gloves that left her fingers bare, and a matching belt that had room for a dagger. Her hair was frizzier than normal thanks to the humidity and the rain. She wasn't as wet as me, since she hadn't spent as much time here. Her eyes shown with a mischief glow.

  "I didn't know you missed me that much, Greenie." She said not breaking eye contact. She did not just say that. My jaw tightened. I saw her smirk widen. She knew she was getting under my skin, but I wasn't going to let her.