Chapter 11 -I fall for a guy (not metaphorically, literally)-

🐾

"Take my hand, take a breath
Pull me close and take one step
Keep your eyes locked on mine
And let the music be your guide"

-Can I Have This Dance? from High School Musical 3

🐾

  There was a purple dress hanging from the walking closet next to the bathroom. I looked at it carefully. It was something I had never worn in my life. It was mint green, but as you went down it started to fade into a light purple. The top was a heart shape that was embroidered with silver, with a design so beautiful that I knew someone lasted forever to make it. On the waist, the silver stopped spreading and it had a huge purple flower surrounded by smaller green and purple ones. I passed my fingertips around the flower, and I realized it was made of fabric. The dress went down in layers. Each had a silver border making it look even more perfect than it was. At the bottom, the green was replaced by purple. There were butterflies and flowers in the skirt. The fabric was so long that I was sure it would touch the floor once I put it on.

  It was beautiful but completely uncomfortable. I hadn't even put it on, and I already knew it was completely impractical. Who would wear something like that? You can't defend yourself with that on. Not to mention the weird shoes that they called heels.

  Kayla said we were going to a Thanksgiving Ball. I said yes because I thought it was some social event that could help me figure out what this place was like. If I am going to live here, then I should at least know how things worked. (Well, I also said yes because Kayla needed someone to accompany her, and I felt bad since she was going by herself.) However, if I'd known how unpractical this is I would have thought this through (That's a lie, I never think things through).

  I extended it over my body and tried to picture myself in it. I sighed. It was too long. I won't be able to walk around with that. I decided not to complain and get to work with this monster that was once me.

  We just came back from waxing my legs, which I hated. We bought some jewelry, the heals, and the masks. Kayla had ours because she's doing some modifications to them, so mine is still not finalized.

  I took a bath in hot water. I didn't bother to get ready fast. It was the first time I ever got to get ready and actually try to look pretty. I was going to take my time. I dried off and used some skin products Kayla had given me. She also bought some curly hair products for my hair. I know, Kayla went full-on on giving me a makeover.

  After spending three years trying to brush my hair and putting all the products I slipped into the dress. It was even longer than I expected. I didn't want to complain so I walked to the door to leave. And I tripped. And I fell, on my face.

  I sat on the floor and cleared the wet hair out of my face. I growled in anger. I am not going to that party only to make a fool of myself trying to walk in a huge dress and some weird shoes. But then I remembered Kayla. I told her I was coming. I have to go. I'm not leaving her alone. So, I stood once more and walked slowly towards the door.

  I turned around for a second to look at myself in the mirror. I looked at my white lock of hair hanging. It was soaked wet, and it was already getting curly. I took a pin the counter and put it behind my hair. The hair gel helped it stay there. I hid it and then tried my best to put as much hair on top of it so it wouldn't look weird.

  Then I opened the door and found Kayla inside. She already had her dress on too. Hers was black with golden details all over it. The top was a V-shape embroidered with golden details instead of silver. Her hair was down but was curled a little bit more. The skirt was also black but started to fade a little bit more at the end. It had golden details on the front of the skirt. It made a triangular shape. Some golden jewelry hung from her waist that fell on the skirt. She had some brown eye shadows that weren't that noticeable. What you could see was the golden endings next to her eyes. She had lipstick and blush already placed and organized.