-Chapter 9- I almost became a nuclear bomb

🐉

"I think he did it but I just can't prove it (he did it)
I think he did it but I just can't prove it (he did it)
No, no body, no crime
But I ain't letting up until the day I die"

-No body, no crime (feat. HAIM) by Taylor Swift and HAIM

🐉

  "She did what?!" Jay screamed. I hissed in pain since he was next to me. God, now I started to remember where the constant pain in my ears came from. I had told the rest of them (or the ninja, I still can't believe it's them) about when I met the girl and what happened with her mentioning Wu. She was bad news, and we all knew it. I didn't tell them about her being the reason Wu was dead. I can't trust them completely yet.

  Good, let's keep our guard up. The voice in my head reminded me.

  "So, you met her already twice in the last day?" Cole said. I nodded not meeting his gaze. I wasn't used for people to be paying attention to me and believing me. It made me way too uncomfortable. And also, the fact that they knew now that I was a very powerful elemental master made me uneasy.

  "Why didn't you stop her?" Asked Kai suspiciously. I rolled my eyes and faced him.

  "She told me Wu had died! I needed to get answers! Besides I didn't know she was this powerful!" I was pissed about the fact he was invading the only friends I had ever had. He shouldn't be the red ninja. The red ninja was my best friend. The red ninja was the one that saved me from a volcano explosion when I was a kid. The red ninja was the one I was closest to, making the transition from a kid to a teenager much easier. Kai was the opposite of the red ninja. Kai was only there to torture me while the red ninja was my best friend.

  "Can we stop playing blame and get on the mission!" Nya interrupted. I rolled my eyes and continued to skim through my uncle's notes. I had to deal with Kai later.

  "Master Wu mentioned the Overlord has made his way into the government making it corrupt. So, he's probably in some event." Zane said taking the diary from me.

  "Ugh," I heard Cole complain. "I know where he might be heading." Cole was the son of a Royal Blacksmith, which made his family have a high status even though he doesn't like to admit it.

  "Where?" Jay said as he scared Nya from his high-pitched voice. Jay realized what he'd done so he tried to back off a little. Nya still death stared at him.

  "There's this thing called The Thanksgiving Ball. Each year all the powerful families of Ninjago join together to make a Thanksgiving donation. This year they choose the Crystal Talents." Cole explained.

  "What's that?" I asked.

  "Some performing arts public school that no one knows about." He clarified and then continued. "I can sneak you in if you guys-" But we were all interrupted.

  Out of nowhere, I felt this massive pain in my head. I felt my brain pound inside my skull trying to find a way to ease the pain. But no idea came to mind. It was too painful, to think, talk, or even breathe. I closed my eyes as I suppressed a cry. I heard someone near me scream in agony. I couldn't find the state of mind to know who had screamed. My mind started to blur and I started to feel my memories begin to fracture again. The pain made it hard for me to remember. Where was I? Who am I with? Did I know these people? Who am I?