Chapter 37: Talking strategy

Pov y/n

Wanda crosses one arm over her chest, supporting her chin with the hand of the other arm while thinking about it. We all think and it is quiet for a couple of moments.

"I think it's best, if we destroy the stones." Vision says and there's some murmuring around the room that sounds like agreement.

"I don't think those stones are destroyed easily though." I say and Steve shakes his head.

"Definitely not. They can only be destroyed with something that holds just as much power as the stones themselves." He says and I wonder how he knows all of this. I hum. Something that's as powerful as one of those stones...

"They should be able to destroy each other, right?" I ask and get a surprised look from Steve.

"In theory yes, one could destroy the other." He agrees and I wait for him to say more because he looks like he wants to do so. "But that would still leave us with one stone."

Mom shrugs. "So? If someone wants to collect all six of them, that can't happen anymore." She points out and I nod in agreement. Wanda is still pacing up and down between the kitchen and living room.

"But what if, that doesn't change anything? The power within the stone would be gone but what if the other five alternate that power between them?" Sam asks and Steve frowns a little.

"I doubt that would happen but we don't know." He sighs. But no matter if that's the case, it wouldn't change the fact that a person, who had multiple stones could destroy the whole earth within a few days or maybe even less, depending on what the other stones can do.

"We should aim for destroying both stones, just to be sure." Mom says and the others agree with her. That leaves us with the question again, what would be powerful enough to destroy the second stone?

I'm trying to think of something, when Steve suddenly turns around to Wanda.

"You got your powers from an infinity stone, right?" He asks and I look at him confused. How does he know that? Wanda stops pacing and looks at him, still very thoughtful. She nods.

"Then you should have enough power to destroy the second stone." Steve concludes and Wanda slowly nods again, not seeming very convinced with this. Steve looks from me to Vision.

"If we destroy the mind stone, that could mean the end of you." He says and Vision nods, as if he already calculated that, which he probably did. I look at him, I wouldn't mind that.

"But if those aliens attack us, we need everyone we have and can't risk losing you." Steve says and I almost wanna roll my eyes. It's not as if he is any good without the stone. Maybe he can help in the fight and right after that we destroy the stone?

"We can't also risk, putting an infinity stone out into the battlefield." Mom argues against that and Steve hums and runs his hand through his hair.

"We need to get that stone out of him then." He says and Mom nods in agreement. Sam raises an eyebrow at that.

"By all means, but no one of us has the knowledge for that. Banner and Stark aren't here and none of us know anything about technology, let alone the potency of an infinity stone." He chips in and I have to agree with him.

Tony is usually in charge of anything that has to do with technology but he isn't here and I doubt that anyone of us could do it.

"Besides, what are the plans for y/n?" Mom asks and nods into my direction. She's right. So far we only talked about Vision but what about me?

"What's the problem with y/n?" Sam asks and eyes me confused.

"The stone is molded into her body." Mom answers and Sam's eyes grow big, kind of with horror.

"We don't know how that's possible but it happened when one of these aliens stabbed me." I answer before he can ask.

"Would it still be possible, to destroy the stone?" Vision asks and I hear a certain hostility in his voice. Seems like the dislike comes from both sides.

"Probably but it would more than likely kill y/n." Steve says.

"No!" Wanda immediately reacts and within a few steps stands in front of me as if the other's are about to do it right now. She glares at Vision, who doesn't seem too bothered by that outcome.

"No one will touch her!" Wanda almost growls and Mom also looks like she's gonna jump at anyone who comes close to me.

"I didn't plan on doing so." Steve says, holding up his hands in surrender and I am not sure but he almost looks a little scared, so I am guessing that Wanda sent him a glare as well.

Wanda sits down next to me and positions her hand on my knee, making sure that everyone knows that she'll protect me at any costs. It's sweet and hot at the same time, I won't lie.

"But either way, we need to get that stone out of her." Steve says, which earns him another glare from Wanda.

"Don't worry, I'm not planning on doing that myself. But we won't be able to go to a normal hospital, that would pull too much attention and depending on how connected the stone and her body are, might also be too complicated. Just a question: have you tried, pulling it out?" He asks and I nod, putting my hand over my chest as I think back to that moment and almost feel the pain again. Wanda's hand soothingly rubs my leg.

"That won't work." She states and Steve nods.

"I know where we can bring her. They should also be able to get the stone out of Vision, so he can fight when it comes to worst." Steve says and I lean a little forward.

"What place do you have in mind?" I ask, confused where he wants to find someone who has the equipment and knowledge for a procedure like this.

"Wakanda." He answers.
I frown a bit, I never heard of that I think. Mom seems to know where that is though and nods slowly.

"Can we assure a safe flight though? If those aliens want both stones, they for sure will attack again and that very soon." She says and I have to admit that that's probably right.

"We can't but I think the sooner we get there, the lower is the chance of getting attacked on the way. We did a pretty good job back in Scotland and I doubt that they will come back so soon. I would suggest that we take off tomorrow morning. Until then, we're gonna prepare everything and I'm gonna inform T'Challa that we'll be arriving." Steve decides but Mom holds up her hand.

"Are you sure, he's on good speaking terms with you? You know, after everything that happened?" She asks and I try to remember where I heard that name before but I am not sure anymore.

"Even if we weren't, I think we're both bigger people than to let a feud stand in the way of saving the world." He points out and I gulp a little. 'Saving the world', that sounds so...serious.

"Fine. We're gonna meet back here tomorrow at 8 am to fly to Wakanda. Until then: stay in the compound and if you notice anything unusual, instantly inform the rest of us." Mom says, letting her eyes look over all of us and we nod.
It looks like that's it for now and everyone gets up and goes a different way. Wanda and I are left on the couch. I look at her.
"I guess we're gonna sleep in our old room one more time." I sigh and she nods and gets up, offering me her hand to pull me up as well. I take it and allow her to help me up.
"Looks like it." She says and we head to the elevator. That for sure will be a strange night.

Becoming a MaximoffOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara