Chapter 10: Revelations and Rain

Pov y/n

We decide to let the larger paintings dry before we show them each other but for now, the small one makes me really happy.

"Where are we gonna put it?" Wanda asks and looks from the picture to me. I look around the room. It will definitely be somewhere in this room or the living room because we spend most of our time in those rooms. When I find the perfect spot, I smile.

"How about..." I get up and take the little canvas with me to put it on the dresser, right between our teddy bears "...right here?" I ask and step back to look at it.

It fits pretty well in my opinion. Wanda gets up and comes to me, wrapping her arms around my waist and resting her chin on my shoulder.

"I love it, it looks perfect there." She agrees and I smile happily. I turn around in her arms and look up at her with a smile.

"What do we do until the paint is dry?" I ask and Wanda brushes some hair out of my face and kisses my forehead. She hums but doesn't take her eyes off me as she thinks about it.

"How about making dinner?" She offers and I nod in agreement.

Painting took longer than expected and I am starting to get hungry. So, we go into the kitchen and I manage to convince her to let me do most of the cooking. Which leaves us with a relatively simple dish that we both like though. While I am occupied with cooking, she cleans up the table and puts the paints away.
We have dinner together and talk a little about different ways of drawing that we used, without spoiling the end product of course.

After dinner, we clean up the kitchen quickly and grab our paintings to settle in the living room. I'm really excited to show her mine and also to see hers. Thinking about it, I never saw Wanda draw, so I have no clue if she's good at it or not.

"I wanna go first." I say and sit criss-cross on the little sofa. Wanda chuckles a bit and gestures for me to start. She already has a soft smile on her face and I know, even if I screwed it up completely, she would still be happy about the result.

I slowly turn my painting around and her eyes look over the drawing and start to sparkle. She looks at it for a good few minutes and a smile forms on her lips that tells me she really likes it.

"Wow, that's really beautiful." She says and I almost wanna roll my eyes because I know it's not that good, but only almost. Internally, I am very excited about her compliment and can't help it but to grin happily.

"Thank you, I had an amazing muse." I tell her and she looks at me, playfully rolling her eyes but they shine with so much love, that I know she doesn't actually mean it.

"You really did a great job." She says and I smile and lean forward to meet her lips. After we part, she takes the picture into her hands and gives it another once over before smiling and putting it aside.

"My turn." She decides and grins, grabbing the picture she drew. I am excited to see how she drew me and when she turns it around, I gasp a little. I didn't know Wanda could draw this well. It's really beautiful and there are a lot of small details that make my heart beat faster.

For example, she drew a sun in the background, that's either dawning or setting and I know exactly what it stands for. She decided to also draw a bit more of my chest and in the middle of the purple of my shirt, she drew a red heart.

"Wanda...this is truly amazing." I whisper, having lost my words a little bit. When I look back up at her, her eyes shine brightly at my compliment and reaction.

"You like it?" She asks and I nod. "I love it."

I take it into my hands and look at it once more before putting it away and pulling Wanda in for a sweet kiss. Her hands find my face and she returns the kiss just as softly as I started it. We kiss for a little while longer, scotting together closer.