Y/N pov:

After the day's whirlwind of revelations and mysteries, the comfort of Taehyung's arms is the last place I sought solace. Instead, my steps unconsciously veered towards Jay’s house, driven by an urgent need to confide in him—the detective who had become my most trusted ally in navigating the shadowy corridors of this case.

As the door swung open, Jay’s expression swiftly changed from surprise to a blend of concern and curiosity, illuminated by the soft glow of the hallway light. “Y/N noona?” He questioned half dazed from his sleep.

“I couldn’t just go home, not with what happened today,” I began, barely crossing the threshold before the words tumbled out in a rush. “I met someone... unusual. It’s like she was waiting for me, knew things she shouldn’t. Things about Minji, and warnings for us, Jay.”

He gestured for me to follow him into the living room, where the quiet ambiance offered a stark contrast to the chaos of my thoughts. Taking a seat, I noticed how his demeanor shifted to that of the detective I had come to rely on, attentive and ready to dissect even the most cryptic of clues.

I recounted every detail of the encounter, from the woman’s sudden appearance to her veiled cautions about dangers lurking in our midst. “She spoke as if she was intimately familiar with our turmoil, as if she’d been entwined with Minji’s fate from the start. How can that be, Jay?”

Jay’s expression was pensive, his mind already racing to connect the dots. “This is crucial, noona. We need to uncover her identity and the extent of her knowledge. She could hold the key to unraveling this entire mystery.”

The idea had been nagging at me since I left that enigmatic woman behind. “I thought maybe I should ask the family if they recognize her or anything she mentioned. Could they know something we don’t?”

“Proceed with caution, noona. I'll look into her social profile while you ask if any of your family member know about her.” Jay advised, his eyes conveying the seriousness of our endeavor. “The connections we’re uncovering might run deeper than we imagined. It’s vital we stay one step ahead.”

“I’ll tread carefully,” I assured him, the weight of our shared responsibility grounding me.

As I rose to leave, Jay escorted me to the door, his voice firm yet filled with an underlying warmth. “Be safe, noona. And inform me immediately if anything comes to light cause every piece of information is a step closer to the truth.”

“I will. And thank you, Jay. For everything,” I said, gratitude lacing my words. His commitment, not just as my detective but as someone who genuinely cared, was a beacon in the tumultuous storm we were braving together.

Stepping out into the night, the pieces of today’s puzzle—Jay’s unwavering support, the cryptic woman, and the looming shadow of our investigation—interlocked in my mind. With Jay by my side, I felt a renewed sense of determination. Together, we were more than mere players in this complex game; we were its unravelers, determined to bring light to the darkest of secrets.

As I quietly slipped into our room at Beomgyu’s house, the weight of the day’s events lingered in the air, a stark contrast to the tranquility of the moonlit night. Taehyung lay there, his form relaxed and serene amidst the shadows, a picture of calm amidst the chaos that surrounded us.

Gently placing the bags of clothes I had retrieved by the bedside, I couldn't help but feel a rush of tenderness as I watched him sleep. The moonlight caressed his features, casting soft shadows across his face, highlighting the contours of his peaceful expression.

Seating myself near him, I leaned against the headboard, my fingers trailing softly through his hair as I pondered the mysteries that loomed over us. Thoughts of the mysterious woman and her cryptic warnings swirled in my mind, mingling with memories of our shared struggles and the unwavering bond that tethered us together.