"Don't say that." Sully tsked, adamantly. "Someone's gotta have a plan, right?"

"Actually, I have a plan." Carlos piped up.

"Is it a good one?" Sully asked.

"I have a plan." He repeated.

"We're definitely dead." Sophie stated more confidently now. She could practically hear Sully's eye roll.

"Hey, have I ever put you in a dangerous situation?" Carlos asked, defensively.

"When have you not?" Sophie exclaimed.

"Then you should be used to it!"

"Hear him out. What's the plan?"

"Well, it mainly involves not dying." Carlos began, clearing his throat. "The big bad wolf here is gonna hate it, but if we wanna get out of here alive-"

"Just tell us the plan, Garcia!" Sully shouted as another bullet got too close for comfort.

"We use Sophie as bait."

"Never mind! Nope! Not happening!" Sully cut him off. No way she was getting in the middle of all of this.

"Hear him out." Sophie mocked his previous comment.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, we use her as bait." He explained. "We'll hide, leave her in the open, wait for Cillian to come around, then next thing they know, BAM! We'll surround them and take the newlyweds home."

"Sure, sure. That's a great idea! I was just gonna recommend throwing ourselves off the nearest cliff and saving them the trouble of killing us, but you're spot on with that one!" Sully sarcastically spat. "If you haven't noticed, we are severely outgunned and-"

"I'll do it."

Sully's head whipped around to face Sophie so fast, she was surprised he didn't get whiplash. "Like hell you are!"

"Sully-"

"No. There's gotta be another way. You don't need to get in the middle of all this."

"No just-"

"No! You have zero fighting skills, you're so small I bet a gust of wind could take you out, and after today, you and my mom could be the only family Cillian has left." He ranted rather urgently, all of his anxious thoughts coming out all at once.

She shook her head, placing a hand on his arm. "I appreciate you looking out for me and Cillian, I really do. But we're all going to be able to go home after this, okay?" He was about to protest further but Sophie stopped him before he could. "This is my choice. This is one I need to make. I'll be okay, I promise."

She could practically see the inner conflict he was having, the wheels turning in his head. He laid a hand on top of hers and said, "Be safe, okay? I don't know anything about human women and I'm going to need you to teach me after this."

She laughed, giving his arm a squeeze. "Darcy is a feisty one, you'll need all the help you can get."

They discussed their plan a few minutes more and Sully handed her a small ear piece. "You need help, press this button to speak into the comms. There's multiple people on, so don't say anything stupid like numb nuts over here."