28 | Reunited

"Please stay. I want you, I need you. Oh God, don't take these beautiful things that I've got."

~ Beautiful things Benson Boone

Please don't forget to comment, follow, and vote!

It's been one month since Cillian went missing. One month since Sophie's health had plummeted due to it. One month since her heart was torn in two.

Andrew and Sully took turns doing searches for Cillian, but every time they came up empty handed. She appreciated their efforts, considering she'd have no idea where to look. With their senses and technology, they could at least get an idea of where he went.

However, she feared this was exactly what Hoppers wanted. She feared he wanted to lead more lycanthrope right into his trap and build his army. Andrew was aware of this and told her that nothing would stop him from getting Cillian back. He felt he failed as a father all those years ago, he wasn't about to do it again.

On the other hand, Sully wasn't as thrilled for searching for his brother. He despised humans and made that pretty clear. He feared the same thing as Sophie- that Cillian was the bait to lure them in. Still, he listened to his alpha and father, taking turns with him to search for him.

Then one night when Andrew was searching, Sully woke up to a phone call.

After speaking with the pack doctor, Sully made his way back to his father's hospital room, his eyes already bloodshot. Just as he was about to pass the doorway, he froze. His muscular legs that usually kept him standing tall and strong instead trembled, on the verge of giving out from under him. Grief disguised as reality washed over him like an unforgiving wave, mercilessly consuming his thoughts.

He couldn't cross the threshold. The moment he did, he would have to accept reality. He would have to say goodbye. He would have to accept life would now never be the same. He would have to build a new life, not only for himself, but for his mom, and for the pack.

From the doorway, he spotted his mom at his dad's bedside. Everything about her was messy. From the makeup smudged just below her left eye, to her wrinkled clothes, to the tears and rips on her heart.

Sophie was right beside her at his dad's bedside. Silently, he remained where he was in the doorway, out of their line of vision. He wanted nothing more than to let his anger boil over, to strangle the life out of Sophie like the other humans did to his father... but he stood back and watched as Sophie, sicker than a dog, powered through her own struggles and wrapped an arm around his mom. His mom returned the gesture, the two women holding onto each other.

More tears welled in Sully's eyes at the state of his father. His eyes were swelled shut, a tube was shoved down his throat to keep him alive, and a dark purple bruise circled around his neck.

While leading a search party with a few other pack members, Andrew decided to split up- a decision what would later turn fatal. Not long after, a couple others found their alpha dangling by the neck from a tree. Blood work would later show he was sedated enough to first be restrained, his arms and legs chained so he couldn't fight back or untie the noose from his neck.