Chapter 12

Laxmi ( POV )

" Well , they're good but not good enough to give you an ' A '. It needs a little more practice. " Said kabir sir after trying my cookies. And Arnav jiju thought those were tasty.

" Okay sir . " I replied and walked back to my desk. He is so irritating, some day I will really make something bad and feed him. Will serve him right.

" Don't be sad , take it as a challenge and do better next time. " Came a voice and as I looked up I saw a handsome boy standing next to me.

His eyes are a deep brown colour, and something about them is just mesmerizing. " Sorry but you're? " I asked him.

" Oh ! don't be sorry ..I am new to class. My name is Rudra Agarwal...and you ? " he asked me .

" Laxmi " I replied to him. " If you don't mind can I try a cookie? " he asked me and I nodded. He wanted to sit next to me so I let him sit.

" Wow , they're delicious. I just loved them . How did you make it ? So
good. " he said eating the whole cookie in two bites. " I am glad you liked it, you can have more if you like . " I told him and extended the whole box towards him.

" Like ...I would love to have more. " he said with a childish grin and taking another cookie from the box. " Where is your food ? " I asked him .

" I have joined today so I didn't know about it , but one day I will surely treat you. " he said in a comical way.

" When will that be ? " I asked him .
" Well , when I learn not to burn the kitchen while cooking. " Said Rudra. And we both laughed.

I looked towards the board and saw kabir sir watching us. So I told Rudra not to talk and focus on class.

" Class I have taught you cookies and cupcakes....now I will take a test on it . " he said , isn't it too early to give a test. I am not even ready for the test.

" It's simple, on Monday you all will make cupcakes and cookies. The cookies with a unique design will get a prize . " he said and well I think that's not very hard.

" Since you're 20 students , you can form a group of two and make them together. " he said took a paper and handed it to Roll no. 1.

" Write your partner name and submit the paper. " he said it to Roll no. 1. Well , now it's my time to show that even I can make good things.

" Can I be in your team ? Please..." asked Rudra. " You must think about it , our teacher doesn't like me that much.  He can cut your marks just for that. " I warned him.

" Now , I will be in your team only. " he said , confidence...good let's see how well it goes. I wrote our name together.

" Good , judgement will be done on the basis of taste , design and presentation. All the best. " Said kabir sir. He took a look at the list and than looked towards us and than he left.

Khushi ( POV)

" Yes mom ...I am done working for the day will be closing the shop very soon. " I told my mom.

" I have a news to share with you. " She said and her voice sounds very happy. " What is it ? " I asked her. What gave her that much happiness ?

" Your in laws came today. They have decided the engagement date and wedding date. " She said with that Same energy. I can't match her enthusiasm.

" 6/04/24 will be your engagement and on 10/ 04 / 24 ...you will get married. " She and went on how we have to shop for everything, I have to start bridal pakage for a glow.

" You don't sound happy... what happened? " She asked me. Seriously, mother's ...why they understand everything so easily?

" I am very tired...." I told her and she believed me and told me to care for my self more or I wouldn't look good in my wedding pictures.

I know all that , my marriage is for camera and few people, of course I have to look nice.

" Yes mom , now I will call you later. Sahara has left for a delivery and I have to shut the shop. " I told and cut the call. Well let's wrap it up and talk with Arnav about it.

Zoya ( POV )

" Samrat I want you to ...wait what's going on ? " I was talking with sam when I saw our cooks standing outside the kitchen all scared.

" What's going on khansahab ? Why you all are standing outside? " I asked the most trusted and family like stuff of our house. He cooks food for us.

" Kabir ...kabir baba is in the
kitchen. " he said and well I understood everything. With samrat I walked in the kitchen.

" Roasted ginger salt , I told you to bring roasted ginger salt... useless people. " he said , the whole kitchen is almost in the ground.

He can cook food for hundred people and yet the kitchen looks like no one ever cooked here. And look at him , I am not sure if he is capable of such a mess.

He is making a bater I think for cake but the jar he is holding that is a salt jar , not sugar. " Kabir that's salt. " I reminded him.

He didn't believe at first and than he noticed that it was actually salt. His face turned red out of embarrassment. He never makes mistakes like this.

Cooking is like meditation for him .He cooks with utter attention...so he doing mistakes is like he is super stressed over something.

" Kabir what happened? " I asked him. He turned towards me and said
" Everything, we don't have good spices , fresh vegetables...not even roasted salt. " he said and I still don't know what's he talking about.

" Well , I will get them refilled , you relax ...come with me ..come. " I told him and pulled him out of the kitchen. " Now tell me what happened? " Samrat asked him .  " Nothing special...it's just I have declared a competition for my class. Made group of two..." he said and paused.

" Wait..so your favourite student has another partner...and you're jealous about it. " Said samrat to him.

" I am not jealous ...well maybe little bit uncomfortable about it . " he said to samrat. " That's jealousy...." Pointed out sam. " No it's not. " Said Kabir and left. God ! Help me I am super tired of this hide and seek , love game. Please bring them together forever.