Chapter 11 [ Part 1 ]

Khushi [ POV ]

So I am ready , we are going to meet Arnav's family. Arnav will pick me up in an hour. I have decided to make mini cakes for them. And since uncle and aunty loves to drink tea I have bought some special tea leaves for them. 

Arnav's nephew is two years old so I bought a soft toy for him. Hope they likes it. Truly speaking I am bit nervous about the whole thing.  

But since we have started it , we have to do it nicely. Arnav has warned me about his sister in law and trust me I am very curious about her. Exactly what happened between them ?

Since both Sahara and Laxmi are busy I am sitting thinking about what happened and may happen in future. I hope everything goes nicely.

As I was thinking about everything I heard car horns , Arnav is here to pick me up. Recently we made quite few appearances in few social events and posted few pictures in Instagram and since than our news is trending again.

It's funny to read the comments, they are full of lovey dovey comments and here their is no love between us, just mutual understanding and a contract.

I took everything and walked down the stairs. Arnav helped me keep my things in his car and together we started our journey.

" You okay ? " he asked out of the blue.
I nodded and told " why would you ask ? ". He said " you're quite today. " Well , a lot of things is going on in my mind right now. How was he so chill in my house?

" I am bit nervous.." I finally confessed. He laughed and said " No worries .. you're not going for any job interview....it's fine. " It's easy for him to say that but not for me.

Since his mother is principal of a college I have dressed plain with light makeup on. I have heard mother in law's are hard to please...or I am fussing over nothing.

" Do you think my dress is too much for today ? Should have worn something else... don't you think? " I asked him.

" Just because my mother is a principal doesn't mean she acts like one in the house ...she is pretty chill. " Said Arnav . Well that's a relief.

" Still ...I am bit nervous. I had a principal in my school she never liked me ...so I am bit nervous. " I told him , still get nightmare about that lady.

" Chill , my mom is cool. She wouldn't let you write essay on marriage or punish you for not braiding your hairs. " Said Arnav while laughing his heart out. He is having too much fun.

So with our fun bentaring we have finally receahed his house. It's a big house...very grand. Arnav helped me carry the bags inside. It's a huge mansion like the kind you see in the movies.

" Robert , let mom know that we are here. " Said Arnav to a man who went inside immediately. " Have a sit. " Said Arnav . I sat on the sofa . I am feeling so out of place here.

" Finally you're here..." a voice came from the stairs. As I looked up I saw a lady which I think is Arnav's mother walking down the stairs. She looks in her mid fifties, as she walked down I thought she looked like a queen.

I stood up and gave her a smile . As she came close I touched her feet for blessings. " God bless you beta...." She said and gave me a hug. That helped my nervous brain a lot.

" I have brought a little something for you. " I handed her the cake box and the tea bags which I bought specially for her. " That's so sweet of you dear. Thank you. " She said taking the box from my hand. 

" Robert here take the tea bags and tell the chef to make some tea for me....and ..you ? " She asked towards me. " Tea" I replied to her. " so Khushi , Arnav told me about your shop and I am really excited to know more about it...if you don't mind. " she asked me . 

" of course mam ..." I would have started with my dream to run the most fancy restaurants in the city but she interrupted me in the middle. " You don't have to call me mam , just call me aunty for now that will do. " she said with a sweet smile. okay I am starting to like her. 

" Three cups of tea...and some
snacks. " she said and I must say her talking style, sitting posture.. I am a huge fan  from right now.

" Please tell me I am not late. " Came a male voice and as I looked up I saw Mr sen. " You're five minutes late. " Said aunty. " our apologies too...." came another voice and two males whom I know ...Arnav's elder brother Aditya and younger brother kabir. Has god decided to give beauty and money only to them ? cause three brothers looks like they walked out of fashion magazines. 

I took uncle's blessing and shook hands with both the boys. I know Aditya is married but where is his wife ? Haven't seen her for once. " Here khushi has bought cakes for us. " said aunty handing them cakes which I baked for them , hope they like it. 

" They are delicious ...thank you khushi . " said Aditya taking a bite from my cup cakes. " They are soo delicious bhabi ." said kabir. Its a big compliment coming from him since he is a big chef. They sat down and I had a good chat with them. uncle and aunty wanted to know about my family and about my siblings. And than they left us to talk among ourselves. 

" where is Arav  ? " asked Arnav . " zoya has taken him out for his monthly check up...will be back soon. " said Aditya . " I can guess why she went today. " said Arnav. " can we not do that today ." said Aditya who sounds fed up. 

" You are a brave boy...." we could hear a sweet cooing voice and when we looked up I thought I saw a goddess. I think she is zoya ...eldest daughter in law of the house. She is wearing sari , a bright smile on her face . She is holding a cute baby in her lap...probably arav. She stopped looking towards me , her smile disappeared . Her sweet baby face turned cold. I don't know why but I am getting some bad feelings about it.