Chapter 9

" Mom , it's okay you don't have to cook so much...relax. " I told my mother who is cooking in the morning for Arnav. I don't even know what he likes to eat. What if he ends up hating everything ? Mom will be so heartbroken.

" What are you saying... your boyfriend whom you hide from us for such a long time is going to be here and you want us not to do anything for him " said mom with a happy voice. She is happy.

" Here mom ...sweets and curd that you asked for. " said Karan jiju ( brother in law) getting in the room . My mom even got him to work.

Laxmi and Sahara is in the shop. Laxmi doing homework and Sahara entertaining samrat ..he does visits us a lot.

" Jiju tell mummy not to work so hard it's fine. " I told Karan jiju pushing him towards the door. " I can't do that sorry...the person who is coming is second son in law of this house...we have to welcome him nicely. " Said Karan jiju.

" Must say you got a handsome man Khushi. " Said my sister kriti from the sofa. " Excuse me...what do you think I am not handsome? " asked Karan jiju to didi and she laughed. I really love their relationship. It's super cute.

" Biriyani , panner pakora , mixed dal ,  mutton, Chicken, prawn curry , curd and salad...hope that will do. " She my mother nervously.

" It will do more than that...no more cooking...out. " I told her pushing her out of the room. " Mom , can you put everything in a plate and give me...I want to see how it tastes. " Said my sister .

" First Arnav will eat and than you can eat. So no food tasting for you now. " my mother said to my sister.
" Mom your making your pregnant daughter stay hungry? That's not
fair. " She said making a face.

" You just had your lunch dear...and again you're hungry? And what are you eating right now ? " asked my mom when she saw my sister eating something.

" Guava mixed with salt and pepper...." She said still eating from that bowl. " Girl....no more food for now....just eat an apple . " Mom told her.

" No one cares for a pregnant woman like me. Life is so hard. " Said my sister fake crying and jiju sat down to comfort her. She literally wiped her imaginary tears with his shirt.

" Where is dad ? " Asked jiju after hearing my sister's complaints. " Went to bring some things from market will be back soon. " Said mother sitting on a sofa ignoring my well fed sister.

The bell ranged. " It must be him...go receive him. " Said my mother. I nodded and went to let him in. He is in casual dress today. He is holding a big bag. I let him in and my full family was surrounding him in seconds.

" Wait ... don't tell me...let me guess. That's aunty..." he said and touched my mother's feet. " And I know how much you like to have tea...so I brought you tea bags. " said Arnav handing her box of her favourite tea bag. My mom became really happy.

" Now you must be Karan right ? Something tells me we're going to be good friends....here man a note pad and a pen for you. " Said Arnav handing jiju his things.

" Thank you so much man...I loved the gift. " Said jiju taking the gift. " And for the lovely pregnant lady...I brought chocolates , and a foot massager since your foot will soar. Hope that helps.  " he said gave chocolates and foot massager to my didi.

" Aren't you a sweetheart...thank you so much. You're so lovely. " Said my sister. She received her gift with a smile. " And chocolate for krish. " he gave the box to Jiju since krish was in school.

" Have a seat? " Said my jiju and they all sat together. " Now tell me everything...how you two meet ? What happened? Why such secrecy? " asked my sister who is dying for some gossips.

" First of all...I must thank you. " he said to my didi. " Me why ? " She asked all curious. " I was telling her to talk with you people about our relationship...to make it public..but nope she didn't agree. Always with people will know....they will form a negative image. " he continued and that was not part of the plan.

" But when you posted that baby shower picture...it became public and I didn't waste any time and got back ...so thanks to you. " he said to my sister. And I can say my sister already loves him more than me.

" Back to the story..." he said and started narrating the story about how we meet on one of his house party and it kind of started from their.

After that dad joined us and he touched dad's feet too. Now my dad is relaxed and cool person...and loves to play chess. So he and Arnav played chess for sometimes.

Well , I must say he is such a good actor. He acted so nicely with my family. After a nice meal he got up to leave. My mom told me to see him off. So I acompainned him.

" Next it's your turn...my mom wants to meet with you. " Said Arnav as we were walking towards his car. " Yes , I will visit her soon. Now anything that I must know? " I asked him.

" Nothing much...I will let you know. " he said now leaning on his car. " I must say you have handled my family really nicely. " I told him . " Of course... cause I am the best. " he said in a sassy voice.

" Okay ...bye Mr perfect. " I told him , I am so over him. Need time to breath. He than stood up leaned forward and came little closer, my breath stopped in my neck.

He got little closer turn my face and whispered " your sister is watching... don't look she is in the balcony. " he said gave a show like he gave me a kiss and said " well ... good night. " he said and left. And I stood their thinking what just happened.