chapter 5

Khushi ( POV )

" He said what? " exclaimed sahara in surprise. " Yes he wants me to act as his girlfriend and to continue the act and in return he can pay me. " I told her. Sahara needed some time to process what she heard.

" So what have you decided? " she asked me. Well that even I have no idea. " I don't know....but I will think about something very soon. " I told her.

cannot waste time here. We have an order for a birthday party. Laxmi needs to make cupcakes and birthday cake for the birthday girl. I have to wake her up.

I walked into her room...that girl is still sleeping. Must say she looks very cute while sleeping....but boy she is messy. Her room is a mess. She is sleeping with her laptop open in her bed, clothes scattered everywhere.

I sat down beside her and took her laptop....it's a website of a cooking college..best in our town. And an expensive one too...I cannot afford to send her to that college but it's her dream to be there.

Sahara works with me no doubt but she wants to open her own music school. Teach students music but its really hard for us to fulfill our dreams with our recent income.

" Laxmi...laxmi get up. We are getting late. " I called her several times but no success. Finally had to sprinkle some water on her. She woke up still rubbing her eyes like a kid.

" khushi....you should stop doing
that. " She said while getting up from the bed. " Girl you should sleep early so that you can wake up early. " I told her but she didn't say anything.

" Mom wants to talk with you. " She said in a lazy tone and went into the bathroom. I dialled my mothers number....she picked it up in a second. And what  she said made me jump in my seat...let me show you our conversation.

Mom : Good morning baby.

Me: Morning.

Mom : You girls had your breakfast?

Me : Yes mom. Getting ready to go out to work.

Mom : And you're not going to share that news with me.

M: what news mom?

Mom : still trying to hide it from me.

Me : I am seriously not getting you mom...what happened?

Mom : your boyfriend is in town....you went in his private house party....when were you going to inform me about that?

Me : oh!!! That....I was going to inform you but who told you first.

Mom : Facebook.

M: what????

Mom : Someone named Sofia posted a picture of you and your boyfriend. I am so glad to see you happy. Do bring him for dinner.

Me : yes I will....mom I am getting late...bye...bye.

And I hung up on her. And she was right Sofia posted a picture from that party. That girl is really something...disturbing people.

I didn't waste time on it and got ready to leave for my work. All the best to myself.

Three hours later ( In the shop )

The morning rush was real....sahara and I had to literally run to get all things done. But now we both are relaxed and I am having my morning coffee here.

" Can I have a cup of coffee please? " came a voice. I know it very well. I turned and saw that I was right. It's Arnav standing in my cafe...he is wearing a casual dress still looking stunning. I never thought I would see him in my cafe.

I need to talk with him about his crazy guest anyway...it's nice that he is here. " Come with me. " I told him to follow me. I do have a little office room here where I rest sometimes or do calculating.

I showed him a seat and sat in front of him. " What brings you here? " I asked him. " You....what have you decided? " he asked not trying to beat around the bushes.

" I don't know...its not normal to get a contract to act as someone's wife . I need time to think. " I told him. Sahara came with his coffee...she handed him the cup and left.

" It's not normal to act as someone's girlfriend  whom you have never seen in your life? " he asked and well he isn't entirely wrong about it.

" Listen...my father thinks I am not that into relationships...which I am not. I am more of a working person than a family person...but he needs me to settle down so that he can hand me down my property. It can be a win win situation for us. " He said like a business man.

" And how is that? " I asked him. " See if you agree I can have my property. You will not be a liar in your parents eyes. You can help your friends or sister get their career on track...think about it. " he said and now that he is saying like that. It doesn't sound that horrible.

" Sofia posted a picture of your private party....my parents wants to meet with you. " I told him. " As soon as we sign the contract...we shall meet them. " he confirmed. Lets see where the tide takes us.

Laxmi ( POV )

Finally the elsa cake is ready for the delivery. I am packing cupcakes and soon all the boxes will be ready for delivery.

Sahara told me about the current khushi situation. It does sound like a movie plot...so much drama.

" someone returned the pancake saying it's not soft enough for their taste. " Said sahara getting in the room.

And that comment literally made me furious. Pancakes are my speciality and saying I didn't get it right is my insult.

I took the pancake out of sahara's hand and marched outside. I can see the customer has not left yet...sahara confirmed it was the same one who complained about the pancake.

okay truth to be told he is smoking hot.....like his skin and his face is beautiful on a different level....but right now I must be angry.

" sir I see you're having a problem here...may I help you? " I asked him. He was writing something in the review copy...he looked up and I must say two pairs of fine eyes got wasted on a person like him.

" Presentation not good, Cleanliness of the dish....zero, pancake not soft enough....you should fire the current chef...not worth it. " he said like he knows about food a lot.

I wanted to throw every food dish available in the shop at him but at the same time...khushi will not like it...so control.

" I will make sure my cook knows about it. " I said gritting my teeth since khushi says no fighting with any customers. He closed the review book and started to leave. I placed the pancake plate on the counter.

" Should make and eat food at home only. " I whispered and as I looked up I saw his burning eyes looking at me. He hasn't left but has heard everything I said...before I could say anything he left....rude.

Should see what he wrote in the rating book. As I opened the review book it was written ' Not a good experience...could do better. One star. ' I may kill him next time I see him...aheartless person.