Teru nodded, realizing his bladder was going to burst. He was placed in front of a small door. It slid to the right when he pushed into the center crease.

When he noticed that Kieran was too close to shut the door, Teru shooed him away to let him pee in peace. He locked it. It was more breathable in here. He inhaled the pheromone-less air deeply and sighed. The small reprieve from the furious scents settled his stomach. Teru rubbed around his ears to get rid of the foreign pressure. Ouch. How could anyone get used to flying?

He glanced at the toilet, which was kinda different from the one at the penthouse. It had been so long to use it, a luxury he had become spoiled of when living with Kieran. That and bathtubs, too. Would Los Angeles have toilets? Or was it like the caves with holes in the ground and they all bathed in lakes?

After being startled by the deafening flushing suction, Teru washed his hands. He stared at the mirror and was taken aback by his reflection. Though they had washed in the river recently, dirt smeared on his face. Dried sweat formed white crusty spots around the armpits and collar of his shirt. Rips from who knew how had made several holes. The body odor turned his nose. Did he meet the pilot like this?

Ugh, I've truly become spoiled. I miss being clean.

Teru unlocked the bathroom door and poked his hand out, suddenly embarrassed by how he looked. Kieran asked, "What's wrong?"

"Bag," was all he said.

"Hmm?"

"Duffel bag, please."

Kieran placed the bag strap in his hand. Teru quickly re-locked the door and unzipped it. He took out his precious belongings and put them all in a line on the sparkling counter - the Black Beauty book, wolf plush, his ring on a chain, and the diamond bobby pin Blaise had given him all those months ago when Pride went berserk. The last thing was the green tulip they had discovered growing under the giant oak tree after the wildfire. Its petals had begun to open, revealing a white center.

This flower means 'rebirth,' right?

It was a shame it had gotten squished. The edges were browning. Soon, the tulip would die.

How ironic.

He laid the withering plant beside the hairpin.

Next, Teru went through the rest of the bag...and found nothing except one lone pair of underwear. He gasped. There were no pants and shirts left. Had they gone through their entire packed wardrobe? Teru swore he had one more outfit left. Did he miscalculate back when they were at the river and Kieran ripped his clothes off...literally? It was all hectic around that time because Abaddon had played mind games with them by igniting an unusual day of rut and heat.

KNOCK KNOCK.

He cracked open the door and was almost in tears. Why was he upset about the clothes? It felt irrational and stupid to cry over something so insignificant. There wasn't anything left that smelled of their scents together from New York—

Kieran stuck his hand through the ajar space, holding a white button-up shirt. It was a style Kieran wore often under his vest or fancy jacket. Teru took it slowly and was puzzled.

"I found this in the closet. It might have belonged to a flight attendant or a passenger. I'm sorry to say I did not find any trousers." He gave more things to Teru, much to his delight - a new toothbrush wrapped in plastic, an unopened mini toothpaste tube, a small comb, a hand towel, and a cup of water. "Drink that. Take your time, little one."

The oncoming tears stopped just like that, now elated to have these luxurious items. Kieran knew what he needed without even asking. Teru spent a while cleaning himself up as best as he could with only the sink water. He took off his clothes and soaked the towel. After scrubbing and scrubbing, he was mostly free of the grime.