The Original Vampire: Part 2

Sofia listened to her mother's speech. It was all very interesting...if it applied to her. But, it didn't. Though feeling somewhat responsible for this mess, Sofia couldn't do much to help Kieran.

She could practically feel Lilith's eyes, the same stare used to condition them into submission. Like how Pavlov discovered in his experiment that dogs could be trained to salivate at the sound of a bell, their mother did the same with her fierce gaze. When Sofia and her siblings saw it, they became obedient dogs, ready to do her bidding or be punished.

Sofia had driven herself to forget those punishments. Her memories purposely erased them, knowing she wouldn't be able to function if she remembered. She sensed her brothers' and sisters' fear. This was when she was thankful to be blind-she can't be affected.

A gust of wind blew through her clothes, making her shiver. Damn, she hated winter. Sofia put her hands in her blazer's pocket...

...and flinched when her fingers were burned. She took out the offending object and studied the silver ring. Abaddon had entrusted it to her for safekeeping. It belonged to Kieran's omega. Seeing the crane design sent her into a prophecy.

The visions were vastly different from before. Abaddon would breed that human to the point of death from bodily exhaustion. He'd use those pups in the program to preserve Ryoma's lineage. Kieran was dead. In that version, the king had won.

Destines switched when Kieran was saved with Teru's blood. Pride lived. Abaddon died.

The future changed.

The visions showed her the end, and not just for Kieran and his mate. If they remained in the city in the next fifteen minutes, they'd all be doomed. Vampires. Humans. Alphas. Betas. Omegas. Every soul. Teru would perish by her hand, torn limb from limb in with Kieran present. Lilith would eventually not feel satisfied with the omegas gone, tasting vengeance again. She wouldn't stop at the sinners, either. Who else could she go after?

The heavens. She'd use her children to destroy them. There were ways; very fucked up ways, to gain access.

Sofia's prophecy ended. While Lilith kept talking, she walked in the direction Kieran could be in. He needed to know. If they didn't go now, they'd be used as pawns in Lilith's mentally ill schemes.

And she, Gluttony, did not want that fate. This wasn't for mankind or the world. It was mainly for her safety.

"Sofia."

Kieran was to her left. She found him. Holding out her hand in his direction, she dropped the ring that had sizzled a silver-burned crane into her palm. Someone caught it mid-air.

"This is my ring." the omega said, stunned.

"Brother, you must leave. This second. Change our destinies. Please-"

Lilith coughed to get their attention. "As I was saying, I spent a good while on what to do. Unlike Tristan's omega, Kieran had already marked his own mate, a pregnant mate that was also his manifested virtue. I used my voyage to my homeland to reflect if my revenge still stood or if I was done with it. Was it past me?"

The locusts' buzzing grew louder. They flew closer, as if they wanted to hear the queen's story, too. The wind picked up, blowing their hair.

Lilith smiled lovingly at Kieran, her eldest and firstborn son. After brushing her fingers on his cheek like a mother tenderly showing her affection, she returned to stand next to a still-kneeling Envy. He was weeping, mourning over Yuka.

"No. Your omega is not an exception. I won't let go. I can't let go."

Sofia smelled a beautiful stench. Her eyes couldn't see, but her nose worked perfectly fine. Gluttony fogged her mind, prophecy forgotten.