End Game

My face goes pale at his words "W-What?" I say in disbelief as tears stream down my cheeks

He-He forgot all about me. About us. What the hell am I supposed to do right now? Of course I'm happy that he's awake, that's all that matters to me but... did he really lose all of our memories together?

"I'm just kidding, love. Come here." My expression changes from sadness to anger "Charles! I can't believe you just did that to me!"

He had me fooled. I was starting to get sweaty and anxious. He's lucky I missed him too much to be angry with him.

I hugs him tightly as he's still sitting in the hospital bed. "I'm sorry, love. God, you should've seen your face." He laughs. Cruel motherfucker.

"I hate you. I actually thought you-you forgot me."
"How can I ever forget someone like you, baby? I love you so much."
"I love you too."

"Can you maybe get me some water?"
His throat must be in so much pain, I should've brought him water the second his eyes opened.

"Of course, Charlie. I'm gonna go get you a bottle and call the doctors, and then I'm never leaving your side again."
"Sounds good to me." He winks at me.

Nothing's changed, I guess.

A few minutes later I'm back in the room as Charles' mom is sitting next to him and holding his hand.

It's been like ten minutes since he woke up, so I think she just came to stop by and found him awake.

I love Pascale. She's become a great friend of mine and even a mother figure in my life. Something that I've been missing for a very long time.

"Love, come sit next to me." He tells me, patting on the empty side of the bed next to him.
In any other situation, I'd be embarrassed to be this close to him his mother in the room, but I missed him too much to refuse his offer.

As I sit next to him on the bed I say "The doctors should be here in any second. And we need to talk about that prank you pulled on me!"

"What prank? Charles, what did you do?" His mother asks him with a serious tone.

"I kinda made her think I forgot about her." He says and breaks into laughter.

"Charles! How are you even my son? Oh my, the poor girl."
"Mama you didn't see her face. It was pure comedy."

"I'm sorry, love. Won't happen again." He says looking into my eyes.
"Of course it won't happen again, because I won't allow you to crash like that ever again. Do you understand?"

"I know, I know. I should've been more careful. I can have other wins but there's only one lifetime I get to spend with you."

"Is Carlos okay by the way?" He asks.

This is why I love him. Even though his own teammate crashed into him and put him in a coma for a week, Carlos' health and safety is still one of the first few things that came up in his mind.