Late Night Talking

It was already Thursday

It was already Thursday. The day I was afraid of has finally arrived. It is the 23rd of March. The day on which I got raped three years ago.

Liv knows about it, not in much detail though, only Dad and Max know everything, and they helped me through every single step of healing.

Well, as much as I can ever heal.

I told her I'm not gonna go out tonight, I just want to stay in the hotel. She immediately said she'll stay with me but I made it clear that I'll feel guilty if she stays because of me, and that's the last thing I want or need.

After a long time of shooting sentences back at one another, she let it go and said she'll go out like we planned to.

We wanted to go to a club tonight, which was more of a private club for certain people so we won't get recognized.

On Tuesday I had the best time. Dancing with Charles even when no one else was dancing was an amazing experience. The feeling of his hands around my waist was euphoric.

We were in a world of our own. Just clinging onto each other, taking everything we can get from that moment.

I hate darkening the mood of the vacation with my trauma. I really thought I could just hang out like it's a normal day.

I can't believe he still interferes with my life, my plans, my mind. I don't think about him often, I think I made some progress over the past three years.

It's just that this day bring up too much memories I wish to forget.

All four of us went to the hotel's restaurant to get some breakfast, I went up to my room afterwards saying I felt unwell, there's no way they didn't notice something was off about me.

It's getting late and they're in the pool now, and I really wanted to go down there, but I'd just ruin their good time with my sadness.

Liv should come up to the room soon, to get ready for dinner and the club. Should I go?

When we first made our plans, I really thought it'll be fine, even if it happened in a party back home in the UK.

I've been to therapy, I've done everything I could've possibly done. Except for one thing. Going to see Richard. The man who raped me.

The door opens and Liv walks in "Hey girl, I wanted to come up earlier but I thought you might need some time to think or just be alone. And I know how much you hate me changing my plans because of this."

"Thank you. I really did need some time to myself. Listen, do you think I should try to go out with you tonight? I mean, will I ever be able to get over this? Or will he haunt me forever?"

"Look, I really want you to come and have fun, let off a bit. But if I'm being honest, I've seen you this morning. You're struggling during this day and that's completely fine. You shouldn't feel like you're wrong for not 'moving on'."