Love Made Me Crazy

"Thank god you're okay!" Avery says as she runs to hug me next to the Ferrari pit wall

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Thank god you're okay!" Avery says as she runs to hug me next to the Ferrari pit wall. "It's okay, love. I'm alright. I love you so much." I say into her neck and kiss it softly.

"Come on, darling. Let's go inside. They said they wanted to check me or something and I want you by my side." I tell her while looking over her shoulder and seeing a very angry Christian Horner staring into my soul.

Luckily for me, there's nothing he can do at the moment. The race is about to restart and he has to stay at the RedBull pit wall, so I'm safe for another thirty minutes. Maybe even an hour.

We get inside the Ferrari garage and I take her inside to sit on one of the chairs while I get some tests done. They want to make sure I'm alright.
This accident was the worst I've ever had in my career, and it being almost exactly like Jules's accident only makes it harder. It's this feeling of deja vu that haunts me.

All I can think about is how... If his accident never happened, there wouldn't be a halo on the car, and I would be dead right now. So would many other drivers. He saved us in a way.

When the car started spinning, my mind went straight to my family and Avery. They're the most important people to me. I thought about how I need to see them again, how I still haven't told Avery I love her. I got to tell her. I'm still alive.

It was like the world stopped, and everything flashed through my mind. This is a risk I take every single time I get in that car, but it is always a shock when an accident really does happen.

Once I'm done with the paramedics, I take Avery upstairs to my room and I lay on the couch, she lays on top of me, resting her head on my chest. Is she listening to my heartbeat right now?
"I'm still here love. I'm fine. Actually, I'm great. I have the love of my life in my arms. What more can I ask for?"
She blushes at my words and I tilt her head up to kiss her softly but deeply at the same time.

We lay there in comfortable silence, it isn't awkward or weird, it's calm and relaxing and beautiful. We know there's nothing to say, and we just want to be there for one another.

When I heard her on the radio, I realized how much she cares about me and it made me happy, knowing that she cares about me so much that she didn't even consider how her father would react to the situation. She was taking a big risk for me by making this the way her family finds out, I just hope they won't be too hard on her.

"Can we watch the race from here?" She asks quietly and I turn on the TV as we sit up on the couch to face it. Her brother is currently in the race lead and I see the smile forming on her face. "I should've taken this win. For fucks sake. I should've been more careful, especially with what happened to Jules in this circuit."
"There was nothing you could do. You guys could barely see anything and it's impossible to drive like that and control the car. Don't worry, we both know that championship is deep in your pocket."
I smile thankfully at her words and pull her closer next to me, my arm around her shoulders.

Just Rivals | C. L. | #1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें