The Winter Solstice

It wasn't easy saying good-bye. The thunder and lightning were still boiling over Mount Othrys in the north. Artemis was so upset she flickered with silver light. 

"I must go to Olympus immediately," she said. "I will not be able to take you, but I will send help."

The goddess set her hand on Annabeth's shoulder. 

"You are brave beyond measure, my girl. You will do what is right."

Then she looked quizzically at Thalia, as if she weren't sure what to make of this younger daughter of Zeus. Thalia seemed reluctant to look up, but something made her, and she held the goddess's eyes. It wasn't clear what passed between them, but Artemis's gaze softened with sympathy. Then she turned to Percy.

"You did well," she said. "For a man." 

Finally, she looked down at (Y/N), still knelt by where Zoe last lay. He looked up at her, and the two shared a look of sadness. They had both lost a friend. Between their stare, (Y/N) knew they'd meet again soon over Zoe's death. She mounted her chariot, which began to glow. They averted their eyes. There was a flash of silver, and the goddess was gone.  

"Well," Dr. Chase sighed. "She was impressive; though I must say I still prefer Athena."

Annabeth turned toward him. "Dad, I... I'm sorry that—"

"Shh." He hugged her. "Do what you must, my dear. I know this isn't easy for you."

His voice was a little shaky, but he gave Annabeth a brave smile. Then there was the whoosh of large wings. Three pegasi descended through the fog: two white winged horses and one pure black one.

"Blackjack!" Percy called. 

The son of Poseidon went to talk to his pegasus, but (Y/N) stayed knelt. He couldn't save Bianca, and he couldn't save Zoe. So undeserving of Thanatos' grasp, but taken on his watch. Their deaths shouldn't have affected him this much, he was immortal and had seen thousands perish around him before. But they had died right before him, right where he should have been able to help them. Maybe Luke was right, maybe they did need to do away with the Fates and the Gods. Start a new world, carved out in their image. His image. Glancing over to the others, he watched as they mounted their pegasi. 

"Will you have transportation, (Y/N)?" Percy called out over to him. 

He weakly nodded and gave a thumbs up. The beating sound of pegasus wings stormed his ears, and the three took off to Olympus. It would be a long ride for them, so (Y/N) had time to burn. He knew exactly what he wanted to do. It would take hours until the others got to Olympus, so a favour from Zeus would provide transportation to Olympus for him. He picked his sorrowful self up and began a march back to Mount Othrys. It would be overrun with monsters by now, but he was set in stone about this.  

As expected, Othrys was crawling with beasts of every species. The bellows of Atlas could still be heard above everything else though, begging for someone to take his place. Dulling the glow of the Rod of Asclepius, (Y/N) took advantage of the fading darkness and snuck up the path to the mountain. Reaching the top, he could see the palace of the Titans fully risen. The darkest marble made up the walls, reflective and shiny like an earthly jewel. It was terrifying and beautiful at the same time. The palace's glimmering black towers reached the clouds, like greedy fingers, reaching out for the stars, grasping wildly for whatever it could drag down to its low level. Bronze braziers littered the castle halls as he creeped around the interior, the flames a stark contrast to suffocating darkness. 

Between the braziers stood huge statues of the titans themselves. Oceanus, Iapetus, Atlas, Hyperion, Theia and Kronos to name a few, all wielding weapons with sick and twisted faces of villainy. Looking through several doors, (Y/N) found quite a few rooms of interest, such as one that held the sarcophagus of Kronos, a throne room with an obsidian throne, an armoury bursting with weapons and armour and a banquet hall already lined with a delicious feast. Eventually he found what he wanted. A huge chamber, decorated with stars and planets where the earth met the sky. Before him knelt Atlas. Producing a butterfly needle, he thundered towards the father of his deceased friend.