Chapter 18: Under The Red Hood PT: 4

Start from the beginning

"We have to find him...*tch*.."
I hissed at the pain shooting through my body.

"I have to find him, you are going home."
Batman argued.

"Fuck you ya blind rodent!!"
I snapped back, causing the Englishman to notch an eyebrow.
"Just because you abandoned him that doesn't mean that I am!!"
I fell off the bed and nearly hit the floor before Batman closed the gap and caught me.
"I knew him before he was Robin...before he became who he is... regardless of all of that and all that he's done he's still my friend. I have to make him remember..."

"What do you mean?"
Batman asked.

"Before he knocked me out, he asked me who I was. It was like he didn't even know me or remember me at all."
Once I was able to stand on my own Batman let go of me.
"So there's three things that you need to be aware of. First off don't knock me out, that shit is starting to get old. Second, I don't give a flying fuck what you're deal is with any of the ladies at my place, that ends right now. And thirdly, I know you have a way of finding him so why are we just standing around this dank ass cave for?!"

The Englishman then leaned towards the Dark Knight.
"I can see why Master Jason would be friends with this one."

"What's that supposed to mean?"
I asked as he simply shrugged.

"Just an observation sir."
He replied with a slight grin.

Batman stood silent for a moment before he made his way over to the computer.
"Jason is going to be targeting anyone he sees as one of those who either have something to do with his death in the first place or anyone who's a psychotic criminal as well as anyone else who would be of a character that most would commonly despise."
He went about pulling up several people onto the monitor as he was talking.
"This is the list of possible targets that I have compiled. The one being the most likely which he'll seek out next is..."

"Joker."
I said finishing his sentence.

"Right now Joker is being moved from Arkham to a maximum level security mental institution out of state. He's gonna try to hit the convoy somewhere along this route."
He then pulls up a map of the convoy's route.
"The only question is when and where."

"Wait...can you enhance this here?"
I asked.
"Galavan Bridge."

"What about it?"
Batman asked.

"Back when Jason and I were kids we would dare each other to do the occasional stupid shit. Like dive off the East side of the bridge. It's a long the convoy's route, two points of entry..."
Batman figures out what I was trying to say.

"And a tunnel which was inhabited by a fair amount of the homeless until the shelters were built. A labyrinth stemming all across the underbelly of Gotham. He could come out at any of the 17 access points from around the islands."
He then looked at me as the Englishman helped with my bandages.
"Your sure you're up for this?"

The Englishman the gave him a slightly judgemental look.
"If I may sir, they're have been countless times where I have found you stumbling out of the Batmobile or the Batcycle in an ever worse state than he is right now and you still did what needed to be done for the people of Gotham and beyond."

"Fair enough."
Batman nodded in agreement.
"Follow me."
He said before leading me over to the wall which displayed multiple batsuits.
"I had talked to Flag after what happened at Arkham. He said that he had no use for this suit seeing as how he already had the latest in military tech at his disposal."
He gestured towards a case and for me to open it.
"He also said that he figured that I or someone else might have a better use for it."

When I opened the case I saw that it was the suit that I had worn when we mounted up for our mission. A part of me was slightly disappointed that I wasn't able to wear it when the riot broke out. However I'm about to make up for that.
"Mind if I take the Batcycle too?"