Chapter 24: Grind Time PT: 2

The last few days had gone by more quickly than what any of us were expecting. I took the bus to get to the Rat Hole on my first day which felt odd in the sense that it had been so damn long since I've taken public transportation to get anywhere. But once I had arrived, Cleo had given me a warm welcome and introduced me to a couple of the other people who worked there.
"Hello Damien, and welcome! This is Greg, your fellow bartender. And this is Luis, our resident chef."
Naturally I smiled and shook their hands.

"Nice to meet you, Cleo's been excited to have you here since the interview."
Greg smirked as he glanced over at Cleo who looked both embarrassed and irritated by him saying this.

"Likewise."
I replied before shaking Luis's hand.
"Something smells great, what are you cooking back there?"

Luis just waved it off.
"Nah, it's just some lamb chops I was able to get on the cheap for doing my buddy a favor. Jalapeno Cheddar, my own recipe."

I looked at him in surprise.
"No fucking way you made a Jalapeno Cheddar recipe for Lamp Chops?!!"

Luis smiled proudly and laughed.
"You bet your ass I did haha!"

"Without me you wouldn't have drinks to go with your food."
Greg says taking a shot at Luis.

Being it one of those times I wanted to flex a bit I did just that.
"I went to culinary and I know my way around alcohol as well. Anyone here ever have a "Cream of The Crown", no? Well then looks like I'm gonna have to show you Greg how to make one. Do you have any sweet cream in the back?"

Cleo, Luis, and Greg all looked surprised.
"It's in the walk-in top shelf in the back."
Luis said as he pointed towards the kitchen.

From there it had taken me a little over 20 minutes to prepare the drinks because of how the Cream needed to be made. I had just gone ahead and made extra in case they wanted to make some for themselves. That and the fact that I wrote down the recipe and how to prepare it.
"Sorry for the delay, but here are your first ever Cream of The Crowns. I hope you all enjoy."

As they all clinked glasses they said cheers before taking a sip. Greg and Luis's expressions had satisfaction written all over them but Cleo on the other hand looked like she was having an orgasm in her mouth.
"That's fucking dangerous!"
Greg exclaimed.

"No kidding, when did you learn how to make this?"
Luis asked.

"When I was living in Hub City I took a few bartending lessons. I never actually put them to real use because at the time I was mainly just a mechanic. But then I ran into some trouble recently that got my license temporarily suspended. So then I figured why not and give it a shot?"
Cleo then smiled as she hopped over the bad and behind the counter.

"Speaking of shots...gimme a second...aha!"
She held out a gallon glass jug.
"My old man also learned a thing or two about alcohol and passed those secrets down to me! Here in my hand I hold my Father's Home crafted Cinnamon Cherry Moonshine, Greg line'em up!"

Greg hopped off the stool and grabbed four shot glasses as Cleo came in behind him and poured the shots.
"Here's to our new bartender!"
She toasted as I made my own toast.

"To new coworkers and great booze!"
I smiled, raising my glass high. The Moonshine was definitely something. It was bold yet sweet with only a subtle hint of cinnamon.
"You know I've never really been much of a Moonshine kind of guy, but still 10 out 10."

Cleo had blushed when I said this when out of nowhere the smoke alarms started going off.
"Shit!!"
Luis exclaimed as he made a mad dash for the kitchen.
"Nonono, not my lamb chops fuck!!"

"Annnd on that note I'm gonna get back to it boss."
Greg said before continuing on with cleaning up the bar.

"Okay, so tonight your just going to shadow Greg and take hand orders to Luis until you have gotten used to the menus and the way things go around here, sound good?"
Cleo asked.

From Gotham with Love (Male OC x Fem Villain Harem)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें