Chapter 17: Under The Red Hood PT: 3

Just like when Batgirl popped up, none of us could sleep. Not even after the sun came up that following morning. I kept my phone charged and connected to my portable charger just in case he were to call again. Not only that but I haven't even heard anything from Batman and it's almost been 3 Days. Two of which I hadn't slept a wink, never even feeling the urge to blink, sit down, or relax in any kind of fashion. Jinx walking through that door unharmed was what I kept on the forefront of my mind. The girls being the ones to keep me centered as I would like to say that I was doing the same thing for them as well. It wasn't until the end of my shift that I decided to ride around town to see if I couldn't find Jinx and who took her. I had called the ladies at home prior to this and told them what I was planning on doing.

Harley said that she knew of a few guys from Joker's crew who weren't affiliated anymore but might know something. On top of that they were better than most when it came to how his henchmen treated her. So her and Ivy were going to check that out. Blackfire took to the skies and flew at near sonic speeds, turning over every empty warehouse along the very edges of the city. Larissa and Caitlin paired up and hit the pavement.

It wasn't until I had gotten a call from an unknown number that we had something.
"Where the fuck is she you prick?!"
I growled but was given a response by someone different.

"Hey there Damien, how's it hanging? It's Nightwing by the way and I might have a lead on your girlfriend."
Elsewhere: 3rd POV.....

"Where are you?"Damien asked

"Where are you?"
Damien asked.

"North end of Founders in an alley just off the intersection of Grand Avenue and 23rd. Buuuut you might want to hurry, this guy is just as quick on his feet as he is on the trigger."
Damien put his foot to the floor when Nightwing told him this.

"No offense, by why is it that you're calling me and not Batman?"
Nightwing crept back ever so slowly to avoid detection when the masked stranger looked like he was looking in his direction.

"There's a couple of different reasons, one of them being that Batman is currently on the fence with you. So hurry up and get here, grab your girl and get the hell out of there. I'll keep him busy while you snag her."
Damien didn't argue with Nightwing seeing as how he knew that he was an expert at this sort of thing. But at the same time there had been a couple of pieces of the puzzle that snapped together in his mind. Nightwing was obviously Robin at one point, Batgirl and the current Robin were all trained by the same person, that person being Batman himself. When he thought about the red bat symbol he immediately figured that whoever this guy was happened to be trained by Batman as well. The only part that he didn't understand was why? Why target Batman because of a grudge?

Short Timeskip: Damien POV.....
I didn't alert the girls of what was going on not because I thought that they would mess anything up which they wouldn't. But because less people who were on this meant less complications. Nightwing could hold his own no doubt about that. So I was certain that he and I would be able to do this without their being any involvement from other parties.
"Nightwing, Nightwing where are you?"
I whispered into the alley.