Pull me closer to you...

Chapter 16

I'v stayed her for about 2 weeks. Since it was August. It was evening and I was in the process of cooking a meal for the both of us. And Hunter was helping me out for the bit of it while we conversed.

There were some ingredients that I couldn't reach so I had to find an alternative method. I took a small chair I use when cooking on the stove a little bit wably but it'll do me justice.

Hunter was right next to me stirring the sauce for the spaghetti.

I was reaching for the needed ingredients on my tip toes, when suddenly I felt myself slip from the chair I was on. I was ready to fall on my butt when my left hand was pulled towards Hunter's direction and we both fell to the ground and I fell on his chest with his hands around my upper back.

We gazed in each other's eyes, as if time had stopped just for a moment. My breath became heavy as I swallowed my saliva, I could feel my stomach flipping and the heat resignating on my cheeks from how close we are.

He swallowed as well. Looking deep in my eyes as his hands on my back were starting to get a bit tighter, as if a gesture of him wanting me closer to him.

We were disturbed by the sound of spaghetti water spilling out the pot. I quickly got up and helped him up, giving him his crutches for balance and I moved the pot of spaghetti from the stove. I then quickly assisted him towards the couch to check if he's stitches didn't reopen.

And thankfully they didn't, I both am and not that surprised that he's wond was slowly starting to come together, and it also gave me the excuse to treat it and change his bandages.

"Well at least it didn't open... Thank you for stopping my fall and I'm sorry if was heavy for you." I said to him still changing his bandages. " Don't worry about it. If it didn't open then it's fine."

There was a brief moment of silence until he spoke again. " Amber" I responded with an 'mmmm' sound. "Thank you, for the blood transfusion. I'm might not have been here if it wasn't for you" he said expressionlessly, but his eyes were giving me everything I needed to know at that moment. "Just wanted make it up a bit from the years that passed" I said with a very subtle smile on my face.

"I'll go and finish cooking" I informed him as I packed the gozz and medicine back in the container. I stood and moved to was my hands and get back to cook tonight's dinner.

About few minutes later I was already done and just dishes up the spaghetti and meatballs along with all the other dishes I prepared. We were currently watching one of my favorites TV shows 'Scorned: Crimes of passion'. I don't really know what pulled me to this but it was really interesting, even though it was old its still very interesting for me. "Do you seriously enjoy watching these things" he said unimpressed by the show. "Yes, unlike you I enjoy watching romance and crime shows. They just interesting how some married people are just not happy so they decide to cheat on their partner and not divorce them." I could just ramble all about how much I like the show and fine no end to it, it just questions how some people really think cheating and keeping it from their partner is the best idea instead of just divorcing them.

"If I tell you about all the other mafias dirty affairs you would be in complete shock, for days even." He said a slight smirk on his lips. "Nothing is ever that interesting in the mafia sooo..."
He just chuckled and comment and looked back at the TV. "The German leaders son had a mistress who turned out to be his half-sister." ....

I slowly turned my head to face him with my jaw on the floor. I have never heard such new EVER in my entire lifespan of existing. "Nothing interesting huh? " He said still smirking but looking at me from the corner of his eyes. "That is way better than Scorned." "I told you its there are better stories than whatever this shit your watching is." I looked at him offended by his remark about the show. "It's not like you have any other thing to do than know other people's business" I said pouting. "Sure, but I have new that even hotter than the one I just told you about, and I won't tell you." he said as he took the remote control and changed the show to a sports  channel.

"Ohh come on don't be like that" I wined while rocking him side to side trying to more out of him. "Please please please PLEASSSE! I won't stop until you tell me." "Nothing will be more annoying than hearing you saying please over and over again. Fine just put the dishes in the dish washer meantime while I tell you everything." I do but not forgetting to have a snack with me. I sat next to him waiting for him to start telling all the sneaky and dirty affairs that happened in the years that passed.

We sat there talking more and more and even changed topics a few times that we eventually lost track of time. It just felt like we were talking for hours and hours on end, reminds of back in the day when we were in high school, he was already the don of the mafia and handled it really well, as he is a very organized and orderly person.

It was 3 am last time I checked and I was really starting to feel extremely tired, I nearly fell on the floor before I carried myself the giant next to me back to our rooms, well at least he helped me this time unlike all the other nights we would sneak out and I'd have to carry him back inside his house.

We said our good night's and I lazily dragged my feet finally reaching my bedroom. Once I closed the door I threw myself on the bed and from there it was point blank. As if I came back home drunk and blacked out.

And if I have to be really honest, I wouldn't trade this day for anything. And I most likely would never in a million years trade this bed right now for any other thing. I just feel like I won't be able or would want to get out of bed. So for now I'll just recall tonight's events and sleep knowing I'm getting closer to my goal.
Repairing my connection with Hunter.

~•°~•°~•°~•°

Ok I would like to apologize for the long update, because really I had way too much on my plate with tests, extra classes, the mountains of homework and etc.

I'm just warning you don't be mad at me, I'm doing my best here... And these updates might be a bit far in-between but I'll try to close that gap. BTW the picture(s) are from Facebook.

Love
E.T.O.s