Life or death moment

Chapter 13

All I could hear was shots being fired from every direction and all I could do was cover my ears with my hands and wait for it to end.
D: Shit my men are dropping like flies out here, regroup and move out!

M: Good job you weak piece of shit!
He said as he shot ' David ' on the shoulder.

D: Ughh Michael I swear this is not the end of this!

He disappeared to where he once he appeared from which was probably from the backrooms.

M: Son let's get you to the hospital before you truly blackout.
He said as he moved closer to Hunter and picked him up as he was really dizzy from the amount of blood he lost.

M: Ready the car, quickly!
He said as one of the guards ran to get the car. And my father moved to help Mr. Crown with Hunter on the other side.

M: Elizabeth get to the car right now.
She nodded and quickly ran towards the car.

A minute after a rushed drive, we finally reached the hospital and took him to the emergency section and the doctors and nurses put him on the stretcher and into the emergency room. About a minute later a doctor came out with a calm yet quickened manner.

Doctor: Are you Hunter Crowns parents?

Eli: Yes, yes we are.
She said in a concerned and anticipated manner.

Dr: He needs a blood donation and fast.

M: Don't you the blood in your blood bank ?

Dr: No sir, if we wait for the blood to be delivered then he'll bleed out and we could lose him.

Eli: What blood type do you need?

Dr: AB negative.
Mr and Mrs Crown looked at each other in a defeated manner, as Mrs Crown looked down and started sobbing while Mr Crown pulled her in his embrace and comforted her.

It took me a while to respond as I was unsure whether I should help or not.

A: I'm an AB negative.

Dr: Good. A nurse will help you. If that fine with both of you.
It was a bit silent for a short while before they actually replied the doctor.

Eli: Yes it's fine, just please help him doc.

Dr: Don't worry Mrs. Crown we'll do our best to save him. All we need is a blood donation and the rest will be fine, I assure you.

A nurse came in right after the doctor's response.

NS: Dr. Mendez we need blood immediately.

Dr. M: Yes get this young lady to the extracting room and quickly get her blood tested.

NS: Yes doc. Please miss follow me.

I followed the nurse to another side of the hall in which the emergency room was. We entered the room, in which she sat me down and drew my blood, parts of which she took for testing. About half a minute later the tests came back.

NS: Okay good your blood test is back and everything is in order, now let's finish this shall we.

I nodded in response.

A: Take as much as he needs.

NS: We will but not too much, need you alive for the person your saving.

We giggled abit before she pulled out the needle and and placing pressure on the area with a cotton ball. Felt kinda bad when she said that since him and I are not really on speaking terms.

NS: Now miss, there will be another nurse to come and provide you with a small snack to get abit of your energy and strength, okay?

A: Okay, thank you.

NS: Thank you miss, you just saved a life.
She said rushing out the door towards the emergency room. About three minutes later a nurse came in with some fruits and a few cookies with some water as well. She place them on a small round table next to me, I thanked her as she smiled and walked out the door.

I was kinda tired and exhausted due to the stress and blood draw, so I just took the chance and just drank the water as I wanted to be there to comfort and support Hunter's parents. I stepped out the room with the food in hand while balancing with the wall since my legs were abit weak. I saw them sitting on a bench near the emergency room door, I walked towards them with a weak smile.

Ph: Amber, are you alright ?

A: Yes mom I'm ok, did the nurse come in with the blood transplant?

Ph: She did but we didn't hear from them since, we're concerned, Elizabeth has been sobbing nonstop.

A: Don't worry ma I'm sure he will be just fine, I remember him, he's a fighter.

Reassuring my mother I start remembering all the times when he would stay strong and support me in ever aspect of my life, how he always stayed positive through out every bad day, bad event or just any bad moment of that matter.

He was my pillar of strength, I eventually left for that Johnathan dick of a man. I ruined him and our friendship all for a man who doesn't even have decentsy to  respect a woman.

Hunter was always a person full of love and joy, kindness and jokes that will leave needing air after every line. Now... Now he just seems so cold and detached from his old self and I don't blame him for that, I would do the same if someone I loved and cared about just when MIA without telling me for seven years. But he just has this drive or this source for him getting up over and over again. I just hope that whatever that drive is, it's still there pushing him to live and survive this turmoil like all the other times.