PART 2: FORGOTTEN PAST

AMELIA'S POV

5 years later everyone forgot about that we were told not to bring that up in any conversation we had even if it was a family meeting. We had to bury that moment deep down even though it hurt like hell, we all had to bare the pain my father he just was completely devastated because he was the closest to my brother.

When I turned 25 I decided it was time to save up money and live somewhere else on top of that, my ex kept bothering me I could not rest it was just dreadfully uncomfortably painful I just didn't know what to do I tried filing a restrain order but still nothing worked.

Until I told myself okay it's time to move now yes, my ex was never like this in the first place he was kind, sweet and generous until he started to love and care for me less. He used to pay attention to me less often.

I knew it had big impact on me and him that he would stalk me late at night to see if I'm doing okay like just being a creep. He never cared about me in the first place he changed into someone who I didn't think he would become he was just terrible...

Before I moved, when my brother killed himself my family insisted us to move out especially with everything that was going on it was just too much for us to handle.

We moved to another house a new area new home new people new everything which was great. So we didn't have to be reminded of that moment the main reason why we moved out was because my parents knew it was going to be bad. It would just drag along and the past will just keep reoccurring.

Now, I live in New York I do feel bad that I left my parents all alone in Ohio but they will be fine nothing will bother them. I meet a few friends one night I went to the bar as I met Sophie who is currently my one and only best friend we have been friends for so long now as we have known each other our whole lives.

She was kind and sweet and always so unique and friendly in every possible way she wasn't that type of friend to to just leave me stranded when I was hopeless she knew all my struggles and helped me throughout everything.

Sophie told me that I should become a writer and a publisher since she says I write very nice that I am the best author she has ever seen her whole life.

When I published my book that I was writing, she thought it was amazing unlike I thought it wasn't that great that I wasn't a great author and that. I invited her for dinner at my apartment as we hanged out there and started chatting for hours talking.

"Look here...all I am saying is you need someone in your life you literally are going to be 25 years old this year!" she says sipping her glass of cold water

"No...It's not happening." I say firmly trying to reject her advice

"So you saying you want to spend the rest of your life alone?" Sophie says pointing back at me and sighing

"Fine what do you want me to do? I will never find the 'one' people say." I say turning around and sighing

"Okay then do what suits you but you will come to this party Saturday night okay?" she says raising her hands in the air

"Who is hosting it I will not come to a party that I am unfamiliar with." I say

"Are you dumb? Of course not! Its Travis birthday party and we wanted to have a party even though his birthday was like a week ago." she says raising her eye brow

"Okay I'll come..." I say laughing slightly

"Well then...maybe you can find someone there just maybe oh yes, I forgot to say the time is 5 pm be early for the better." she says ending her sentence as I just hit her with the pillow

"I just wish I could find someone like me better than my piece of shit ex that has come into my life. I want that person to love me a lot care for me..." I say as I get up from the couch approaching the kitchen pouring me a glass of wine

"Don't worry besides, Tony is long time gone for sure I made sure of that I put security cameras all over here installed here and also I have another surprise for you." she says smiling

"What's that?" I say shaking my head

"I found me a new house so I'll be moving there not too far from you." she says smiling

"Mhmm that's nice to hear..." I say lightly smiling

"Okay then it's settled everything will be done soon okay? The party I'll get everything ready for Saturday night." she says walking towards the door as we get up and I greet her.

I was thinking about what Sophie had said she wasn't lying about me finding someone but the person I was hoping the person I hoped for always wished for will that ever come true? The person that I have always wanted the person who I had been hoping started to feel like a dream that will never come true yet somehow I still believe in it.

I suddenly started getting reminders of my brother all of a sudden, as that one memory I keep on thinking about that night...when my brother took his own life because he was unable to take care of himself the fact that I couldn't bear to see him be like this is just unreal.

That night brought so many bad thoughts and moments for me to remember I never tell people about the story of my brother. I just said I never had one of course because I was scared in some what way that those people might think I am a freak just like my brother.

Which I'm not he couldn't help himself yes, there was help and places where he could go for help but he refused them all he didn't want to know that he was wrong.

I just never want to experience that ever again with my friends or people close to me because I know I might fear of losing them all.

Tony hasn't texted me or called me ever since I moved here I guess he was just done with everything. Which I am so glad he is because I wouldn't deal another second with that asshole and his nonsense stories and his lies.

I also have a YouTube channel which is growing very quickly since people recognize me from my art and some from the books that I write which is very nice. A part of me feels a bit guilty about leaving my parents all alone in Ohio and having no contact we had no contact for 4 weeks straight and that was the worst part because I was so busy lately.